Nathan45

'...Have you ever been fined...' question on I751 form

6 posts in this topic

Hey all, I have my window to file my I751 in a few months and I've been getting documents ready for it.

No. 20 under additional information about me asks this though 

ijt9fQc.png

I got a traffic ticket for a non-moving violation the other month (didn't know Virginia did state inspections so didn't have one as I had just moved here) and it looks like I just have to present the proof of inspection at court and it'll be dismissed - but even if it is or isn't dismissed, am I right in thinking I will be able to tick no to that box as it says excluding traffic regulations? It seems like it's for more serious things than a non-moving traffic violation.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Nathan45

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Your traffic ticket (inspection?) is excluded here.

America would be an empty wasteland if citizenship hinged on traffic tickets.

At the interview state it.  10 bucks says the IO has received one at one time LOL

Edited by Nitas_man

1 hour ago, Nathan45 said:

I got a traffic ticket for a non-moving violation the other month

It specifically says "excludes traffic regulations". They don't want to know all the speeding tickets or parking tickets or inspection tickets or not wearing a seatbelt tickets. 

I had probably 6-7 speeding tickets, 1 of those inspection tickets just like you have (and yes, just show proof that you did inspection and it's dismissed), 1 for not wearing a seat belt in a parking lot (that cop must have not liked me very much) and a God-awful-you-don't-even-want-to-know amount of parking tickets, all before I became a US citizen, and there wasn't any problem.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

It specifically says "excludes traffic regulations". They don't want to know all the speeding tickets or parking tickets or inspection tickets or not wearing a seatbelt tickets. 

I had probably 6-7 speeding tickets, 1 of those inspection tickets just like you have (and yes, just show proof that you did inspection and it's dismissed), 1 for not wearing a seat belt in a parking lot (that cop must have not liked me very much) and a God-awful-you-don't-even-want-to-know amount of parking tickets, all before I became a US citizen, and there wasn't any problem.

mmmmnk Someone has to fund pothole repairs so thanks for stepping up

1 hour ago, Nitas_man said:

mmmmnk Someone has to fund pothole repairs so thanks for stepping up

Yep, that's me. I single handed funded Interstate 40 in North Carolina and Tennessee. That was some wild times. 

Funny though I did not have any speeding ticket since I became a citizen, I don't think. The first time I got a speeding ticket I got pretty scared. I was on F-1 student visa and was like "Oh my God what am I gonna do". 7 tickets later, I was just like "Would you hurry up and give me the ticket already, I'm in a rush here".

Come to think about it, I did got one speeding ticket this year,  Oh well

Edited by USS_Voyager

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just note that the N-400 does not have the traffic exclusion and they ask for any citations.

If you intend to apply for citizenship, keep all documentation associated with the ticket.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.