vcarter130

I-129F Question 54 and Evidence Related Questions

9 posts in this topic

I am currently filling out I-129F and have questions related to #54 (describing circumstances of your in person meeting) and the evidence related to it:

- My beneficiary and I met online on Coffee Meets Bagel.  Can we just say we met online for question 54?

- We have traveled to see each other seven times within the last 14 months and the last five trips totaled over 30 destinations.  After reading some posts, it seems like we don't have to provide evidence on all of our meetings.  We are planning to provide evidence of 3 or 4 trips.  For question 54, should we describe all seven of our meetings or only describe the 3 or 4 trips we are providing evidence for?

- I read some posts that there is no need to translate evidence that USCIS probably does not care about like itineraries, visas, and receipts.  However, the instructions say to provide full translations for all documents provided.  Is it recommended to translate itineraries, visas, and receipts?  If it is recommended, is it ok to just translate important things like name, dates, important headings like (Depart/Arrive/Date), and payment information?

- If translation is recommended how do you handle an itinerary, visa, or receipt that has the foreign language but then has corresponding English?  Does it need to be translated?  For example on the screenshot of a hotel receipt below, does "Alimentos y Bebidas" need to be translated and even "Fecha"?

image.png.49b3a7740652bbc9ecc1120aee5524f9.png

Thanks in advance for all the help and advice! This site has been a great resource for us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Any online sites will require you to submit the online site's terms and condition to show its not a international match making service.  People that met through a friend or family introduction are not subject to this.

USCIS stage is min 1 meeting in last 2 years.  Passport stamps, visas and boarding passes are primary.   Others are secondary.   Of course (at least the important parts) need to be in English (or a certified translated version).

Embassy stage will require more updated evidence of bonafide relationship.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I just wanted to ask exact the same.

My US fiance has no passport because hes a soldier and he travelled here with military order so i really hope its enough for us.

We have restaurant receipts with our bank card number on it we payed with, and hotel stay receipts, and i scanned it all and sent to a translator office to give me a price about it, but i know it wont be cheap... 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

Any online sites will require you to submit the online site's terms and condition to show its not a international match making service.  People that met through a friend or family introduction are not subject to this.

USCIS stage is min 1 meeting in last 2 years.  Passport stamps, visas and boarding passes are primary.   Others are secondary.   Of course (at least the important parts) need to be in English (or a certified translated version).

We have no passport, only military order what contains my country’s name, but doesnt say he need to go there. But he was here, and we only have receipts, hotel receipts, pictures, ring receipt, and almost all of it contains our bank card number we payed with. Is it enough?

Timeline

I think the military order (or any documented travel order) is important and you would need an affidavit that explains what happened.   Since you have not even filed the paperwork, you can get a boarding pass or some tickets with both names or do some activity with both  names like a simple tour package or universal studio online purchase etc.   A picture with a current newspaper, and more pictures and receipts etc.   The idea is present the best case of a bonafide meeting of min 1 per 2 year.  The more the better, as eventually all these will trickle down to CO at embassy (his impression PRIOR to interview matters).

=============

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline
4 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

I think the military order (or any documented travel order) is important and you would need an affidavit that explains what happened.   Since you have not even filed the paperwork, you can get a boarding pass or some tickets with both names or do some activity with both  names like a simple tour package or universal studio online purchase etc.   A picture with a current newspaper, and more pictures and receipts etc.   The idea is present the best case of a bonafide meeting of min 1 per 2 year.  The more the better, as eventually all these will trickle down to CO at embassy (his impression PRIOR to interview matters).

We are not in the same continent right now... all we have is his military order, same receipts from both of us, pictures from us. So the receipts are the payments from both of us in the same place at the same time. We split our payments many times at the restaurants, so we have same receipts.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

We are not in the same continent right now... all we have is his military order, same receipts from both of us, pictures from us. So the receipts are the payments from both of us in the same place at the same time. We split our payments many times at the restaurants, so we have same receipts.

So am I correct to say you only have military order, some pictures, and receipts with no names, or at most credit card payments with names.

It may pass the USCIS NOA2 stage 1 (weak), but for stage 2 CO interview, you will need stronger proof of a bonafide relationship.

=============

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline
35 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

So am I correct to say you only have military order, some pictures, and receipts with no names, or at most credit card payments with names.

It may pass the USCIS NOA2 stage 1 (weak), but for stage 2 CO interview, you will need stronger proof of a bonafide relationship.

I wasnt clear im sorry, im talking about only the receipts and passports. So we have the receipts, the military order, we can ask a bank for these payments, we have hotel bookings and receipts for my fiances name, pictures, bunch of text messages, pictures with parents, video chats, and he visit me after we file the petition.

19 hours ago, flfreddy said:

Do you recommend mentioning all of our meetings in question 54 even if we don't provide evidence for all the meetings? Or should we only describe the meetings that we are providing evidence for?

For visas, a lot of mine have both Vietnamese and English.  Do you think the Vietnamese has to be translated even though it seems the English is the translation to the Vietnamese?  I have attached a portion of the visa as an example.

202824335_ScreenShot2019-11-03at10_20_50PM.png.a6c47f72931f7c6a5f3944ca55b863b6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.