Zuri Sana

Is this always the case if you overstayed a tourist visa?

6 posts in this topic

Hello! I follow different groups of both I 601A and I601 on Facebook.  I have noticed some people saying there is a huge chance of a denial at the embassy if you have overstayed a tourist visa. I was wondering if this has happened to many here after their I601A was approved.  Some say it is considered fraud if you have overstayed.  My spouse is a permanent resident and I am waiting for the waiver approval after overstaying for over 15 years.  My spouse has more years before naturalizing. However, there is a lady in one of the groups that was approved at her interview in Mexico who is married to a permanent resident. So it gives me hope but I would appreciate others experiences.  Both my husband and I are from the same country and he came as a student and got his green card through his current job.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/29/2019 at 4:35 PM, Zuri Sana said:

Hello! I follow different groups of both I 601A and I601 on Facebook.  I have noticed some people saying there is a huge chance of a denial at the embassy if you have overstayed a tourist visa. I was wondering if this has happened to many here after their I601A was approved.  Some say it is considered fraud if you have overstayed.  My spouse is a permanent resident and I am waiting for the waiver approval after overstaying for over 15 years.  My spouse has more years before naturalizing. However, there is a lady in one of the groups that was approved at her interview in Mexico who is married to a permanent resident. So it gives me hope but I would appreciate others experiences.  Both my husband and I are from the same country and he came as a student and got his green card through his current job.  

Was the lady who got approved overstayed also?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, Zuri Sana said:

Anyone?

On what grounds did you file a waiver? We’re you ever in removal proceedings? Are you currently in the United States? You currently have a 10 year bar from entering the United States

I am currently in the USA and the waiver is the unlawful presence waiver( I601A). I have never been in removal proceedings and my waiver can be approved anytime from now that's why I am curious.

And the lady I mentioned had overstayed for over seven years, unfortunately she hasn't responded to the questions I asked her.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Zuri Sana said:

I am currently in the USA and the waiver is the unlawful presence waiver( I601A). I have never been in removal proceedings and my waiver can be approved anytime from now that's why I am curious.

And the lady I mentioned had overstayed for over seven years, unfortunately she hasn't responded to the questions I asked her.

Thanks

Are you planning on going home once the waiver gets approve? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.