HiSarahJayne

After DS-160, when is interview?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Quick question!

We've received the email on 17th October stating the file was forwarded to the Embassy with our NVC case number. Our case now states it's Ready, however I've not received any documentation (i'm assuming ready means the embassy has it?)

I've completed DS160 today and have collected all the documentation needed. Am I right in understanding I can book the interview/medical without having to wait for the letter from the embassy with the instructions? (we just use the email with the NVC number for the medical)

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
26 minutes ago, HiSarahJayne said:

Quick question!

We've received the email on 17th October stating the file was forwarded to the Embassy with our NVC case number. Our case now states it's Ready, however I've not received any documentation (i'm assuming ready means the embassy has it?)

I've completed DS160 today and have collected all the documentation needed. Am I right in understanding I can book the interview/medical without having to wait for the letter from the embassy with the instructions? (we just use the email with the NVC number for the medical)

Thanks!

Yes, but make sure you have the needed shots before the medical to save you having to see another doctor in the US for AOS.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

Yes, but make sure you have the needed shots before the medical to save you having to see another doctor in the US for AOS.

Brilliant news! thankyou so much.

So just to clarify, I book my medical now, I can then book my interview as well as paying the fee/arranging courier. All they need as documentary proof to book both (apart from all the obvious docs listed on the websites) is the email I had with my NVC number saying they've posted to the embassy? :)

Thankyou again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, HiSarahJayne said:

Brilliant news! thankyou so much.

So just to clarify, I book my medical now, I can then book my interview as well as paying the fee/arranging courier. All they need as documentary proof to book both (apart from all the obvious docs listed on the websites) is the email I had with my NVC number saying they've posted to the embassy? :)

Thankyou again

Medical clinic takes your new case number (LNDXXXXXXXXX) verbally when you call to pick an appointment. They will want to see documentation of that number (NVC email or embassy letter) when you attend the appointment. 

That documentation of NVC email (or the letter of instruction from the embassy) are not needed for anything else except showing at the clinic. Not needed or shown at interview. 

The London embassy instructions on the website changed and are weirdly confusing.

I would suggest:

1. Submit DS-160.
  2. Gather documents. (for interview as well as documents for medical appointment). You don't want a looming appointment if you hit a hiccup and won't have what you need for the appointment. 
  3. Book your medical date by calling the clinic. 020 7486 7822. 
  4. Book the courier, pay, and pick an interview date all at the same time on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv. Select “I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment”. Leave 10-14 days between medical and interview for best results.
  5. Attend your medical.
  6. Attend your interview.

Gather documents step is important. See lists:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Medical clinic takes your new case number (LNDXXXXXXXXX) verbally when you call to pick an appointment. They will want to see documentation of that number (NVC email or embassy letter) when you attend the appointment. 

That documentation of NVC email (or the letter of instruction from the embassy) are not needed for anything else except showing at the clinic. Not needed or shown at interview. 

The London embassy instructions on the website changed and are weirdly confusing.

I would suggest:

1. Submit DS-160.
  2. Gather documents. (for interview as well as documents for medical appointment). You don't want a looming appointment if you hit a hiccup and won't have what you need for the appointment. 
  3. Book your medical date by calling the clinic. 020 7486 7822. 
  4. Book the courier, pay, and pick an interview date all at the same time on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv. Select “I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment”. Leave 10-14 days between medical and interview for best results.
  5. Attend your medical.
  6. Attend your interview.

Gather documents step is important. See lists:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

Thankyou so much for your help and guidance :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.