Cilllah

Four Questions About K1 Interview At Sydney

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

A little bit early but I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row for my interview. Currently still NOA1 with estimated NOA2 date in December. Nevertheless it is always a good idea to be informed. So I would love information regarding the following questions.

1. Sydney consulate requires originals of most documents with copies for certain ones as shown on the checklist. This is fine but do I have to get a JP to certify the copies?
2. Does my then 3 year old K2 need to attend? Fine if she does but we have to fly there. Also I heard that after filling out the DS160 you have the schedule separate interviews but she will just come to mine, right?
3. I have to get a UK police certificate. Is there an expiry date on these ones? Or can I apply now as I am not going to be entering the UK again so it will still be correct? Just worried as not sure how long that process takes.
4. This is my list of documents to take - are they correct?

+ K1 Document cover checklist
+ Passport
+ Child passport

+ U.S. passport size photo x 2
+ U.S passports size photo x 2 for child

+ MRV Fee receipt of payment for both
+ DS-160 Confirmation page for both
+ Revalidation letter (If needed or updated intent to marry)
+ Birth certificate (original) + copy
+ Australian Federal Police Certificate (original) + copy
+ UK ACRO Police Certificate (original) + copy
+ I-134 with Supporting Documents from petitioner and joint sponsor for K1 and K2 so four in total.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, Cilllah said:

Hello everyone,

A little bit early but I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row for my interview. Currently still NOA1 with estimated NOA2 date in December. Nevertheless it is always a good idea to be informed. So I would love information regarding the following questions.

1. Sydney consulate requires originals of most documents with copies for certain ones as shown on the checklist. This is fine but do I have to get a JP to certify the copies?
2. Does my then 3 year old K2 need to attend? Fine if she does but we have to fly there. Also I heard that after filling out the DS160 you have the schedule separate interviews but she will just come to mine, right?
3. I have to get a UK police certificate. Is there an expiry date on these ones? Or can I apply now as I am not going to be entering the UK again so it will still be correct? Just worried as not sure how long that process takes.
4. This is my list of documents to take - are they correct?

+ K1 Document cover checklist
+ Passport
+ Child passport

+ U.S. passport size photo x 2
+ U.S passports size photo x 2 for child

+ MRV Fee receipt of payment for both
+ DS-160 Confirmation page for both
+ Revalidation letter (If needed or updated intent to marry)
+ Birth certificate (original) + copy
+ Australian Federal Police Certificate (original) + copy
+ UK ACRO Police Certificate (original) + copy
+ I-134 with Supporting Documents from petitioner and joint sponsor for K1 and K2 so four in total.

Thank you!

Q1. No JP needed... 

Q2. All appointments must be scheduled, only the scheduled attendee is permitted access into the consulate, unless prior approval is requested and given.. so child will only get access if scheduled to attended with you... you’ll need to try schedule both your and the child appointments to occur at same time, possibly contact consulate if they are scheduled seperatly (sometimes happenns)  to reorganise. 

Q3. Uk certificate can be obtained online, mine took 2 weeks to arrive (express option) they say allow 30 days... they last 12 mths normally, however so long as you don’t go there, it will carry over and not expire. 

Q4. Sydney consulate has an interview doc checklist on their website, might be worth looking at.. plus, not sure the status of child parent, but if isn’t the child of petitioner take custody documents etc also... also take a look into health insurance... the presidential stuff was meant to come into effect 3 nov... but looks like it’s been pushed out again for 30 days.. if enforced, you’ll need evidence of ability to obtain health insurance with 30 days of arrival. 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.