Tracker

PCC from Indian Consulate in Chicago

13 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I've submitted a Police certificate from the Indian Consulate in Chicago to NVC and I wanted to ask if people have been in the same situation.

I see that on their website they mention if you are residing in India, it has to be from the Regional Passport Office. 

Well the one I submitted was authorized by the RPO, they verified address and sent it back to the consulate but it doesn't mention RPO anywhere.

I was in Chicago when filling out the application so I sought to get a PCC from the consulate at that time. However I put my India address(where's I would be moving to in a few weeks) as 'present address' as I wanted further correspondence to go to my India address.

I'm worried that the officer reviewing my case will reject the PCC thinking it's not the right issuing authority.

Any inputs? Has anyone been in a similar situation before? 

I just don't want to wait 6 more weeks for them to review a new document as it's already my second resubmission :(

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I was studying on f-1 until I moved to India on August 1st 2019. Waiting for NVC to review documents submitted at CEAC atm

When you submit documents to NVC you were residing in states?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Yes i was. But as i mentioned I put my 'present address' as india as I wanted further correspondence to go to my India address

I have similar situation. But i was living in canada. 

i got my indian pcc from Toronto consulate while i was there. 

but now i have moved to india. 

i had to get canadian PCC and New Indian PCC as i have moved here. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Yes i was. But as i mentioned I put my 'present address' as india as I wanted further correspondence to go to my India address

Right so in your DS-260 you put your current address as India which would mean that the PCC would need to be that of an Indian resident.  (In my option, could be viewed differently but NVC will be looking at the dates) If you are in India you might as well go and get the resident version of the PCC to have on hand in case you do get the checklist

Timeline
4 minutes ago, designguy said:

Right so in your DS-260 you put your current address as India which would mean that the PCC would need to be that of an Indian resident.  (In my option, could be viewed differently but NVC will be looking at the dates) If you are in India you might as well go and get the resident version of the PCC to have on hand in case you do get the checklist

I hope I get a checklist and not a rejection for that doc bc it would take time to get the PCC here and then wait 6 weeks for review!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I hope I get a checklist and not a rejection for that doc bc it would take time to get the PCC here and then wait 6 weeks for review!

It wont take long to get PCC again in India. 
i just got my PCC again and they gave it to me right on the spot. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, AP-1 said:

I have similar situation. But i was living in canada. 

i got my indian pcc from Toronto consulate while i was there. 

but now i have moved to india. 

i had to get canadian PCC and New Indian PCC as i have moved here. 

Did you get a checklist? And when did you submit your docs? Was your present address on ds260 for Canada? 

1 minute ago, AP-1 said:

It wont take long to get PCC again in India. 
i just got my PCC again and they gave it to me right on the spot. 

I think some passports require verification if it's older than a certain date so it takes a bit longer

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Did you get a checklist? And when did you submit your docs? Was your present address on ds260 for Canada? 

I think some passports require verification if it's older than a certain date so it takes a bit longer

Heres what i did.

when i did i130, my current address was canada. 

Got my pcc for both countries that time as well.

I moved to India, 

and i got i130 approved. 

for ds 260 present address is india. 

I was required to get Indian and Canadian PCC again.

New Canadian PCC was required because i lived in Canada for 6 months after getting Canadian PCC and also Indian because i am currently residing here and is expored

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I was told by PSK that if the verification is done within past one year and the current address is not changed, physical verification is not required again and PCC can be issued right away. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Also even if you are required to have physical verification for PCC it wont take more than 10 days depending what state you are residing. I have seen some people apply for pcc at PSK and get their PCC within week

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.