lifegoeson123

A newbie to Family sponsor application ! Thanks for your help !

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dear everyone,

I am a newbie to this topic and searching information to bring my family overseas to the USA. I started to research now. Hopefully, I can start a new application in 2020. 

My mom (born in 1964) and my brother (born in 1992). He got married to a girl (born in 1992) and they have a daughter (born in 2018) .  It is form I-130 only to sponsor for both my mom and my brother 's family ? 

I guess it will take 2 years to bring my mom here. For my brother 's family, it might be 13 years ? By that time, he probably has 2 children already. 

One more thing, they will require financial proof which is tax of 2017, 2018, 2019? If my husband and I divorced in 2019, will they look at my income separately or with him as well because we filed tax together in 2017, 2018. 

Thanks so much. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, lifegoeson123 said:

Dear everyone,

I am a newbie to this topic and searching information to bring my family overseas to the USA. I started to research now. Hopefully, I can start a new application in 2020. 

My mom (born in 1964) and my brother (born in 1992). He got married to a girl (born in 1992) and they have a daughter (born in 2018) .  It is form I-130 only to sponsor for both my mom and my brother 's family ? 

I guess it will take 2 years to bring my mom here. For my brother 's family, it might be 13 years ? By that time, he probably has 2 children already. 

One more thing, they will require financial proof which is tax of 2017, 2018, 2019? If my husband and I divorced in 2019, will they look at my income separately or with him as well because we filed tax together in 2017, 2018. 

Thanks so much. 

Don't worry about the financial part right now.    That comes after petition approval 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you so much ! You guys are so fast ! I am so grateful for Visajourney website. They have been helping me tremendously in my paperwork. 

Please help me to confirm. So far, I only need to :

+ submit the citizenship certificate + birth certificate

+ 1 form I-130 for my mom and 1 form I-130 for my brother 's family (wife + 1 child)

+ Pay fee: $535 x 2 (This is expensive lol)

I don't see how much I should make or pay tax to be a sponsor for 4 of them or any information regarding tax return.

I need to make above: 20,000 x 4 people = 80,000/year ? 

Item Number 10. Total Value of Assets. In order to qualify based on the value of your assets, the total value of your assets must equal at least five times the difference between your total household income and the current Federal Poverty Guidelines for your household size. However, if you are a U.S. citizen and you are sponsoring your spouse or child age 18 years of age or older, the total value of your assets must only be equal to at least three times the difference. If the intending immigrant is a foreign national orphan who will be adopted in the United States after he or she acquires legal permanent residence, and who will, as a result, acquire citizenship under section 320 of the INA, the total value of your assets need only equal the difference.

Example of How to Use Assets: If you are petitioning for a parent and the poverty line for your household size is $22,062 and your current income is $18,062, the difference between your current income and the poverty line is $4,000. In order for assets to help you qualify, the combination of your assets, plus the assets of any household member who is signing Form I-864A, plus any available assets of the sponsored immigrant, would have to equal five times this difference (5 x $4,000). In this case, you would meet the income requirements if the net value of the assets equaled at least $20,000.

3 hours ago, lifegoeson123 said:

+ submit the citizenship certificate + birth certificate

^This x2; each petition should have it's own set of supporting documents. Don't submit originals. You can separate each case with "rubber band or fasteners": https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

Guide for your mother: https://www.visajourney.com/content/immigration-parents/ "My mother" section

Guide for your brother: https://www.visajourney.com/content/ussibpet/ "If you are a U.S. citizen seeking permanent resident status for your brother or sister, and you have the same mother" section

3 hours ago, lifegoeson123 said:

I don't see how much I should make or pay tax to be a sponsor for 4 of them or any information regarding tax return.

I need to make above: 20,000 x 4 people = 80,000/year ?

You won't include your brother's family in the affidavit of support for your mother. Add 1 to your current household size: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/memberofhousehold.asp Then compare to the 125% of the poverty line chart: https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Edited by HRQX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.