KTMT

I-129f approved, questions about next steps

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First of all, thank you to this site and everyone sharing as it's allowed me to get my I-129f approved on first try.  So my case is on its way to NVC.  I've searched and read the next steps in the guide, but I'm still a little confused.  Could someone please clarify some of these points or share some tips that may be better suited for the process in Vietnam?  I've copied & pasted the steps that are confusing me for reference.

Send copies of the documentary proof that you submitted with the I-129F for your fiance to have on hand for their interview at the embassy. Your fiance should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well).

What document(s) is this referring to?

Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

If I understand correctly, this is same letter of intent but dated months later and closer to interview date?

Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, online chat logs (pick several over the prior few months), etc.. from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 until date-now).

I understand what's being asked, but in my case, I've visited 4 times prior to I-129f application and have submitted ample photos and evidence, but since applying, we've only maintained contact through texting and mostly facetime as I don't intend to visit until visa is issued.  Does this present any issues?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, KTMT said:

First of all, thank you to this site and everyone sharing as it's allowed me to get my I-129f approved on first try.  So my case is on its way to NVC.  I've searched and read the next steps in the guide, but I'm still a little confused.  Could someone please clarify some of these points or share some tips that may be better suited for the process in Vietnam?  I've copied & pasted the steps that are confusing me for reference.

Send copies of the documentary proof that you submitted with the I-129F for your fiance to have on hand for their interview at the embassy. Your fiance should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well).

What document(s) is this referring to?

Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

If I understand correctly, this is same letter of intent but dated months later and closer to interview date?

Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, online chat logs (pick several over the prior few months), etc.. from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 until date-now).

I understand what's being asked, but in my case, I've visited 4 times prior to I-129f application and have submitted ample photos and evidence, but since applying, we've only maintained contact through texting and mostly facetime as I don't intend to visit until visa is issued.  Does this present any issues?

2. Send a copy of everything you submitted for the petition. Include bio pages about you from I-129f

3. Yes

7. send some sample texts screenshots. I’ve read Vietnam embassy can be tough, and so others have suggested you go there for the interview 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Go to this link:

https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/K-Instruction-Package.pdf

This is the latest instruction packet from  the HCM US Consulate and lists exactly the materials you need to bring to the interview.  It also lists the next steps in the process once the NVC sends the packet to the US Consulate.  Process is:

NVC receives packet

NVC processes packet after a month or so 

If no issues NVC ships packet to US Consulate in HCM

US Consulate receives packet and sends instruction  letter to fiance about a week after receiving packet from  NVC

Finance receives instruction letter and downloads instruction packet from link I just gave you.

Follow steps on instruction  packet (medical exam, DS-160, etc.)  and then schedule interview

Bring require documents to interview

If approved it takes approx. 5 days for consulate to process Visa.

After processing visa, Consulate delivers to you by mail or courier 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Just want to continue this thread now that my fiance has received a letter from the Consulate.  According to the instructions on the letter, the next two steps are to create a USTravelDocs Account and to complete form DS-160.

To those who have gone through this part, did your fiance do those steps by her/himself, did you help or do it for them, or did you hire someone local in HCMC with experience to help your fiance over there?

Timeline
9 hours ago, KTMT said:

Just want to continue this thread now that my fiance has received a letter from the Consulate.  According to the instructions on the letter, the next two steps are to create a USTravelDocs Account and to complete form DS-160.

To those who have gone through this part, did your fiance do those steps by her/himself, did you help or do it for them, or did you hire someone local in HCMC with experience to help your fiance over there?

I did the DS-160 online for my fiancee while talking to her on the telephone.  You absolutely do not need a lawyer for this.  You are basically just answering questions about where she lived, where she worked, and then answer questions affirming she isn't a terrorist or criminal.

As for the USTraveldocs that's creating a userid and password on the system that you'll generate the receipt to pay your visa fees on and to schedule your interview appointment.  You create an account, enter your DS-160 confirmation #, then it generates a receipt #.  Your fiancee takes that receipt to the post office and pays the fee.  Once she pays the fee it updates the system to show she paid the visa application fee.  Then you can go into the traveldocs system and schedule the interview.

When she goes to the interview she needs to bring any and all supporting docs listed on the instruction letter from the consulate as well as supporting docs sent with the i-129f.  

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 12/1/2019 at 8:01 AM, AndrewF said:

I did the DS-160 online for my fiancee while talking to her on the telephone.  You absolutely do not need a lawyer for this.  You are basically just answering questions about where she lived, where she worked, and then answer questions affirming she isn't a terrorist or criminal.

As for the USTraveldocs that's creating a userid and password on the system that you'll generate the receipt to pay your visa fees on and to schedule your interview appointment.  You create an account, enter your DS-160 confirmation #, then it generates a receipt #.  Your fiancee takes that receipt to the post office and pays the fee.  Once she pays the fee it updates the system to show she paid the visa application fee.  Then you can go into the traveldocs system and schedule the interview.

When she goes to the interview she needs to bring any and all supporting docs listed on the instruction letter from the consulate as well as supporting docs sent with the i-129f.  

Hi Andrew,

On the USTraveldocs, I created an account and started an application but when i get to the last page when it generates payment instructions, it ask for a receipt number.  Do you recall what goes there?  I tried using the USCIS receipt number but that didn't work.  I did get the cash deposit instruction, but was unable to go beyond that page without the requested receipt number.  Does my fiance need to follow the payment instruction first before they issue receipt number?

Timeline
5 hours ago, KTMT said:

Hi Andrew,

On the USTraveldocs, I created an account and started an application but when i get to the last page when it generates payment instructions, it ask for a receipt number.  Do you recall what goes there?  I tried using the USCIS receipt number but that didn't work.  I did get the cash deposit instruction, but was unable to go beyond that page without the requested receipt number.  Does my fiance need to follow the payment instruction first before they issue receipt number?

Hi.  Your fiance needs to take the payment slip to the post office there in Vietnam and pay the fee.  The post office will give her a receipt for payment with a # on it.  You enter that # back into the system.  

Timeline
On 1/2/2020 at 7:05 AM, AndrewF said:

Hi.  Your fiance needs to take the payment slip to the post office there in Vietnam and pay the fee.  The post office will give her a receipt for payment with a # on it.  You enter that # back into the system.  

Thanks so much again Andrew.  Now we go onto interview scheduling.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.