Jump to content
chxakx

USEM question.

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi. This is probably not a big deal and I’m just overthinking but I’m asking for peace of mind. Lol. I just want to be sure about this.

 

1. I applied for a US visa twice (J1 and B2) and I unknowingly misspelled my mother’s name on my previous DS 160. Will that be a problem?

2. I forgot to put a previous address on our I-129F. Can I just correct this on the DS 160 and bring it up during the interview? Or do I have to send a supplemental document to the USCIS so they can have it in their system? 

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Probably not.

2.  Yes, just correct it on the DS-160.


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, chxakx said:

Hi. This is probably not a big deal and I’m just overthinking but I’m asking for peace of mind. Lol. I just want to be sure about this.

 

1. I applied for a US visa twice (J1 and B2) and I unknowingly misspelled my mother’s name on my previous DS 160. Will that be a problem?

2. I forgot to put a previous address on our I-129F. Can I just correct this on the DS 160 and bring it up during the interview? Or do I have to send a supplemental document to the USCIS so they can have it in their system? 

 

Thank you.

 

1.   Not an issue.  They will only be looking at the new DS-160 .. don't forget you need to print out the confirmation page for the new DS-160  upon completion and bring that to the embassy for the interview.

 

2.  Yes, update everything with the new DS-160.    Forget about USCIS regarding the I-129F.

 

 

Link to a guide for the visa process in the Philippines   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, missileman said:

1. Probably not.

2.  Yes, just correct it on the DS-160.

Thank you so much! 

22 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

 

1.   Not an issue.  They will only be looking at the new DS-160 .. don't forget you need to print out the confirmation page for the new DS-160  upon completion and bring that to the embassy for the interview.

 

2.  Yes, update everything with the new DS-160.    Forget about USCIS regarding the I-129F.

 

 

Link to a guide for the visa process in the Philippines   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

As always, thank you so much! I’m a silent reader of your website, helps a lot! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Glad it helps ~

Sorry, last question. Should I bring it up (the address) during the interview? I just don't want them to think that we intentionally left it out. I'm probably overthinking this but I just want to be sure.

 

Thanks a lot! God bless you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chxakx said:

Sorry, last question. Should I bring it up (the address) during the interview? I just don't want them to think that we intentionally left it out. I'm probably overthinking this but I just want to be sure.

 

Thanks a lot! God bless you.

Yes, you are overthinking things. ;)   No reason to bring it up.  DS-160 will have the info.      

 

Only place where you want to make sure to have a current address is for VISA DELIVERY :)   and you did that in your profile/dashboard so you should be good.  


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Yes, you are overthinking things. ;)   No reason to bring it up.  DS-160 will have the info.      

 

Only place where you want to make sure to have a current address is for VISA DELIVERY :)   and you did that in your profile/dashboard so you should be good.  

Thank you so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...