Thefiance

K1 interview in mumbai

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Guys, 

so my interview for the K1 visa is coming up soon. I just wanted to ask how exactly does the whole process work in the Mumbai consulate. When you reach the booth do you just slide all the documents under the glass screen? Or wait for them to ask for each of it? I’m confused as there is a lot of paperwork to carry with me and I’m not sure how to hand it to the counsellor.

Anyone who already had the interview can you please advise .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My husband is having his interview in Mumbai as well. From what I hear is you can slide the paper work under the glass when they ask you.. and if it does not fit, such as photo albums , they have you hold it up and show them. But good luck! hopefully someone who has gone through the process already can provide some info 

Timeline

my fiancee had her interview on oct 10 at 7:15. got there at 6:30. there is no line just people sitting and waiting outside. 7:15 appt people were called at 7 am. She chose Punjabi as her language. people with Punjabi preference were put in separate line. A Punjabi guy sorted her paperwork. only took i-134, W2 and may be tax transcript. didn't take job letter or pay-stubs or bank statements. she was interviewed by a Punjabi speaking guy. Not a English speaker with translator as i thought it would be. So they sort it out for you. 

I had my interview on Oct 4th. Reached the consulate by 6:30. By 6:45 the guards asked us to form a line and asked us to keep our passport and DS 160 handy. Post this there was some basic checks inside the consulate and then we were directed towards the security clearance. We were directed to the counter area post clearance. You will have people assisting you with organizing your documents, you are supposed to keep the documents in that particular order. Post that you are given a counter number. Once your counter number is displayed on screen go to that counter. You will be interviewed by an Indian officer. Basic questions would be asked and they would take your documents and passport which you have pass under the counter slide . 

Post this, you will be asked to wait for the US Consular Officer to interview you. Once your counter number is flashed again, reach that counter.

American CO would ask you basic questions:

How did you meet your fiance?

How long have you dated?

Do you have any pictures of you two together?

Where does he work?

What does he do?

When did you get engaged?

How many people attended engagement?

When do you plan to get married?

Where do you plan to get married in the US?

Where does your fiance live?

After everything you would be told if you are approved or not.

Edited by Dragonminds

Timeline
19 hours ago, Dragonminds said:

I had my interview on Oct 4th. Reached the consulate by 6:30. By 6:45 the guards asked us to form a line and asked us to keep our passport and DS 160 handy. Post this there was some basic checks inside the consulate and then we were directed towards the security clearance. We were directed to the counter area post clearance. You will have people assisting you with organizing your documents, you are supposed to keep the documents in that particular order. Post that you are given a counter number. Once your counter number is displayed on screen go to that counter. You will be interviewed by an Indian officer. Basic questions would be asked and they would take your documents and passport which you have pass under the counter slide . 

Post this, you will be asked to wait for the US Consular Officer to interview you. Once your counter number is flashed again, reach that counter.

American CO would ask you basic questions:

How did you meet your fiance?

How long have you dated?

Do you have any pictures of you two together?

Where does he work?

What does he do?

When did you get engaged?

How many people attended engagement?

When do you plan to get married?

Where do you plan to get married in the US?

Where does your fiance live?

After everything you would be told if you are approved or not.

Thanks for the information.

Timeline
On 10/18/2019 at 9:52 AM, CMM said:

Good luck and let us know how it goes 😊

Hey so my interview was today and I was told that my Visa is approved and I should get a text msg telling me when to pick up my passport. 
the officer didn’t really ask much. 
just how i met my fiancé and the types of visas I had for the US. No other proof was requested. All in all, was a pretty smooth process. All the best To everyone out here and msg me if you need to know anything specific. 

thank you for all the help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.