3 posts in this topic

For all of you in AP, like my husband and I, I know how frustrating it can be. We are over a year into waiting, and we've had very little luck communicating with the Casa consulate. We've tried everything, from sending emails upon emails, to going to the consulate in person, to even having our state's senators contact them directly. It all results in the same outcome: You have to wait.

And while that is of very little consolation, my husband was talking with a family member who knows quite a bit about the immigration process  (he works with them, I'm guessing), he told us something that made us feel more at ease. He said, even if the consulate doesn't respond to any of your inquiries,  and your case may be taking longer than anticipated, it doesn't mean that something is wrong. He told us that the consulate is SWAMPED with applications, and once it reaches AP, there are even fewer people that are given the task of researching  (due to security) your case and history. And at this point, depending on your particular case (and how busy they are), the time varies greatly. At this point, really, all that you can do is wait.

We also asked him why the consulate doesn't respond, even after many intervention methods, and he explained it like this: Think of how many emails come through in a day alone. And then think of all of the other tasks that the employees are expected to complete, besides reading and responding to emails. While, yes, it can be exasperating, for them, it is more of a matter of priority. They are trying their best to push your applications along, and responding to each email only makes the process longer.

P.S. He also told us: once your case reaches AP, it is even out of the Consulate's hands. Regardless of if you have a senator or lawyer or even the president push it along, there is nothing that they CAN do. Nothing that anyone can do will speed it up. It's really up to where your case is in the pile & your particular situation & factors. Remember: Morocco is a high fraud country, and no one wants to be responsible for bringing an immigrant into America that doesn't have true intentions.

So my advice? Don't stress yourself by sending emails and making thousands of phone calls (all of which most likely won't be answered). Just trust that everything is going well and sit back and live your life. That's what my husband and I have finally done, and we feel like a weight has been lifted off of our shoulders. I'm not saying that our life has become easier, but we have chosen to not let this process dictate our life.

And like they say, the phone won't ring if you're just sitting by it, waiting for someone to call...

I hope that this helps for anyone else who is in the waiting game. Just believe in your relationship and the process. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jules00000pp said:

For all of you in AP, like my husband and I, I know how frustrating it can be. We are over a year into waiting, and we've had very little luck communicating with the Casa consulate. We've tried everything, from sending emails upon emails, to going to the consulate in person, to even having our state's senators contact them directly. It all results in the same outcome: You have to wait.

And while that is of very little consolation, my husband was talking with a family member who knows quite a bit about the immigration process  (he works with them, I'm guessing), he told us something that made us feel more at ease. He said, even if the consulate doesn't respond to any of your inquiries,  and your case may be taking longer than anticipated, it doesn't mean that something is wrong. He told us that the consulate is SWAMPED with applications, and once it reaches AP, there are even fewer people that are given the task of researching  (due to security) your case and history. And at this point, depending on your particular case (and how busy they are), the time varies greatly. At this point, really, all that you can do is wait.

We also asked him why the consulate doesn't respond, even after many intervention methods, and he explained it like this: Think of how many emails come through in a day alone. And then think of all of the other tasks that the employees are expected to complete, besides reading and responding to emails. While, yes, it can be exasperating, for them, it is more of a matter of priority. They are trying their best to push your applications along, and responding to each email only makes the process longer.

P.S. He also told us: once your case reaches AP, it is even out of the Consulate's hands. Regardless of if you have a senator or lawyer or even the president push it along, there is nothing that they CAN do. Nothing that anyone can do will speed it up. It's really up to where your case is in the pile & your particular situation & factors. Remember: Morocco is a high fraud country, and no one wants to be responsible for bringing an immigrant into America that doesn't have true intentions.

So my advice? Don't stress yourself by sending emails and making thousands of phone calls (all of which most likely won't be answered). Just trust that everything is going well and sit back and live your life. That's what my husband and I have finally done, and we feel like a weight has been lifted off of our shoulders. I'm not saying that our life has become easier, but we have chosen to not let this process dictate our life.

And like they say, the phone won't ring if you're just sitting by it, waiting for someone to call...

I hope that this helps for anyone else who is in the waiting game. Just believe in your relationship and the process. Good luck!

Thank you for the information....but I think the embassy should have a time frame for final response either they are giving the visa or not.... Not to keep people happiness on hostage.  No matter how tight and heavy the work load a time she should created for final answer.  They don't work more than the uscis but yet when us is gives you RFE you kn8at most 3 months you will get responses.  I will say embassies are just being wicked and feel they are in charge 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree with Eddybabe2019.  There should be a time frame. 

It should not take years to get a final answer.  

The cases are going to continue to pile up.

Jules00000pp.  If you are writing about the consulate in Casablanca, Morocco, you are going to be waiting a long time. 

We began our visa process journey 5 1/2 years ago.  

IR1, Second Interview, On AP 8 months so far and still waiting .......😐

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.