AjT1

Step fathers name on approved I-129f

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

This is a repeat of a post I made a few weeks ago but I wanted to know if anyone who has interviewed, or is interviewing, at London has had a similar experience/issue to myself.

Way back in February me and my fiancee completed the I-129f petition. Answered all the questions truthfully and throughly. This petition was approved almost four months ago and my K1 visa interview is this coming Friday at the embassy in London. 

On the I-129f under beneficiaries parents we entered my parents details. The names of the people I have always considered to be my parents. However the name we entered for my father was my step-father. Because he has always been my dad and therefore my parent, the instructions just asked for parent making no distinction between step or biological, we both didn't even think about putting the name of anyone other than my step dad in the parent section of the I-129f form, as to me he is my dad and therefore my parent. 

Now as you are aware before the interview a DS160 needs to be completed by the applicant, the beneficiary. On this form it clearly asks for the names of BIOLOGICAL parents. So I entered the names of my biological parents as they are written on the full version of my UK birth certificate. 

I have emailed the embassy explaining this discrepancy between the beneficiaries fathers name on the I-129f and the DS160 and they replied answering a question that I did not ask. 

People on this forum who may or may not have been interviewed at London have said that this is something that can be sorted out by the CO at interview. But I want to get any information I can from anyone who has been interviewed in London, which is way I'm posting a repeat of a question albeit on a different forum, the previous was in the whole K1 forum whereas this is just in the UK one. 

It is too late for me to change anything I know but this is the only issue I can find with our whole petition/visa application after reviewing all the documents and it's worrying me a little. Not a lot as it was done honestly without any intention to misrepresent but it is still that niggling doubt in the back of my mind. 

Sorry for posting something similar to that which I have posted previously. But anyone with any experience of this, or something similar, that could at least make that niggle quieter would be a great help.

Thank you! 

Edited by AjT1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I am not aware of anybody who has gotten things in paperwork sorted by emailing the embassy in London.  Nobody looks at any of your things until interview day. There is no review of K1s by somebody and no RFEs issued before the interview. 

You are no longer with USCIS who approved the petition with stepdad listed. Now you are applying for a visa from the Department of State. They are going to be looking at your DS-160 visa application and birth certificate which match. If they ask about your petition Dad, then explain you did not understand the question. This is not a misrepresentation. 

9 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I am not aware of anybody who has gotten things in paperwork sorted by emailing the embassy in London.  Nobody looks at any of your things until interview day. There is no review of K1s by somebody and no RFEs issued before the interview. 

You are no longer with USCIS who approved the petition with stepdad listed. Now you are applying for a visa from the Department of State. They are going to be looking at your DS-160 visa application and birth certificate which match. If they ask about your petition Dad, then explain you did not understand the question. This is not a misrepresentation. 

Thank you very much Wuozopo! I didn't see it like that and that certainly make a lot of sense. Right, I'll think about it like this then. I've got everything sorted out for the interview and I'm ready! 

Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.