3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

I know it might be redundant.
My wife doesn't have insurance. Long story short, she just had her EAD, went away for 3 weeks, came back just now, and yesterday we got the "Interview scheduled". Nobody wanted to give her healthcare without EAD for some reason before hand. 
the new i-944 rule. Does it include Pre-October filers (Jan 31st)? meaning that, will they need us to file i944, do we HAVE to have the insurance at the time of the interview, or this will skip us since we filed before the rule was in place?

Insurance is in progress, should get one within a week or so, just shopping now. Just wanna know whether we should rush to get some kind of paper to show that she has insurance, or don't worry about it , if it comes, it comes, if not, not a problem.

Thanks

41 minutes ago, The_Empyrean said:

this will skip us since we filed before the rule was in place?

^ That

42 minutes ago, The_Empyrean said:

Insurance is in progress, should get one within a week or so, just shopping now. Just wanna know whether we should rush to get some kind of paper to show that she has insurance, or don't worry about it , if it comes, it comes, if not, not a problem

You should get insurance anyway, in the case that she gets sick or injured, not to just pass an immigration interview. Usually, the paper comes pretty quick.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

^ That

You should get insurance anyway, in the case that she gets sick or injured, not to just pass an immigration interview. Usually, the paper comes pretty quick.

Thanks. That's a relief.

She was covered by her Lithuanian insurance for up to a year after departure so this was never too much in our minds. Besides we're moving to west coast in couple months, so insurance wasn't even worth our time in this whole scrabble. Now she went back and sorted it out in LTU, so she "doesn't have the coverage" anymore, that's why it became a question of the day.

Yeah i know how absurd it is here with health pricing. But circumstances made it so it made more sense not to have coverage than to have one. My job does provide spouse insurance, with 300% premium compared to mine. 

Regardless, i'll try to get her covered by the time of the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.