opendoor

DS-5535 (PAKISTAN)

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/21/2020 at 3:25 PM, opendoor said:

You never know what triggers your case to get ds-5535, but mostly when you get it, probably means they will give you the visa.

Were you a K1 visa & male applicant?

maybe that’s why

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, jamesbond123 said:

Were you a K1 visa & male applicant?

maybe that’s why

I don't know if that's why it was, but yeah, I was k1 applicant and Male.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 6/4/2020 at 2:45 AM, opendoor said:

No, i didn't say that...

It took me 1.5 year to get my whole process done including AP.

did you have travel history? if so, to which country? are you the male applicant?

On 3/26/2020 at 3:21 AM, khadijamome said:

What was your case cateogry. We got ds5535 as well. Its been more than a month since in AP. 

what your status now?

did you have travel history? if so, to which country? are you the male applicant?

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/13/2024 at 6:04 AM, long_journey_2003 said:

I have the same question and would like to know anyone who is dealt with DS-5355 from Pakistan recently.

I am in AP , DS-5535 , yellow slip , uploaded the form , no response,,,, My interview was on 6th of Feb  , Uploaded the form with in 24 hours ... Category IR1... With Travel history (was not able to provide detail of my Travels on DS-260 because DS-260 only ask traveling in last 5 years and my traveling is 8+ years old now) ..

Did you have yellow slip and white slip(221g) as well , and what about your category ? any travel history? 

4 hours ago, brkendream said:

I am in AP , DS-5535 , yellow slip , uploaded the form , no response,,,, My interview was on 6th of Feb  , Uploaded the form with in 24 hours ... Category IR1... With Travel history (was not able to provide detail of my Travels on DS-260 because DS-260 only ask traveling in last 5 years and my traveling is 8+ years old now) ..

Did you have yellow slip and white slip(221g) as well , and what about your category ? any travel history? 

White slip , spouse visa , yes I have a long travel history also . 

issue is that other consulates are taking very long to process 5355 may be 9-12 months 

so wanted to know what happens at Isb consulate 

15 hours ago, long_journey_2003 said:

issue is that other consulates are taking very long to process 5355 may be 9-12 months 

15 hours ago, long_journey_2003 said:

Nothing extradentary I am aware off , only 4 questions asked , 4th question was about my travel history "Have you ever traveled out side of Pakistan"  I said yes .. then, that's it got 221g yellow slip .......... Whole thing took 2 to 3 minutes max ..(On my DS-260 I did provide them the info that I traveled outside of Pakistan , but no history because on Ds-260 it only ask any travel in last 5 years )

6 minutes ago, brkendream said:

Nothing extradentary I am aware off , only 4 questions asked , 4th question was about my travel history "Have you ever traveled out side of Pakistan"  I said yes .. then, that's it got 221g yellow slip .......... Whole thing took 2 to 3 minutes max ..(On my DS-260 I did provide them the info that I traveled outside of Pakistan , but no history because on Ds-260 it only ask any travel in last 5 years )

5355 could be because of a lot of reason 

On 2/15/2024 at 1:49 PM, brkendream said:

Maybe. 

Does any one especially from Pakistan have  Any idea what is ceac case updates are about ? And how this impact your AP ?

Inshallah I will 

there is a Persian chat with all the Iranians on AP 

it seems like they are getting request for medical around 12 months 

so I don’t think anyone gets approved in AP within a few months 

may Allah help us all 

5 hours ago, long_journey_2003 said:

Inshallah I will 

there is a Persian chat with all the Iranians on AP 

it seems like they are getting request for medical around 12 months 

so I don’t think anyone gets approved in AP within a few months 

may Allah help us all 

Ameen , May Allah help us all. Ameen

In my online research,  I saw people with extensive travel history clearing AP in-between 3 to 6 months (before/without 2nd medical) and people without any travel history cleared there AP in 6+ months (mostly in-between 7 to 9 months ).. This whole AP is full with mystery..  So have hope and faith. 

7 hours ago, brkendream said:

Ameen , May Allah help us all. Ameen

In my online research,  I saw people with extensive travel history clearing AP in-between 3 to 6 months (before/without 2nd medical) and people without any travel history cleared there AP in 6+ months (mostly in-between 7 to 9 months ).. This whole AP is full with mystery..  So have hope and faith. 

These people who u are talking about were they given 5355 

because u could be in AP without 5355 and it probably is shorter 

but I have not known anyone on this forum that has AP cleared 5355 with less than 8 months or so .. 

5 hours ago, long_journey_2003 said:

These people who u are talking about were they given 5355 

because u could be in AP without 5355 and it probably is shorter 

but I have not known anyone on this forum that has AP cleared 5355 with less than 8 months or so .. 

I am talking about people with 5535 , majority  got refused on interview date with Ds-5535 , few got refused after interview (throw email and passport sent back to them)... 

Just dig deep you will find out such persons on this forum too(with different visa category). What I learn is this all about what type and how many types of security checks your file is in line for and the waiting line in those "checks". 

You mentioned  Iran in one of your previous  post , As we all know Iran was in banned countries , so I am not sure If there are few extra security checks or just the time because of queue for people from Iran even for those who have any indirect relationship with Iran.

As I said this whole Ds-5535 AP is mystery,,,,, Normal AP is not that much of a Mystery , they clearly told applicant the reason why he/she is in AP like missing document , incorrect information , need more proves , missing W2s etc. As soon as they get those missing information/paperwork they start visa procedure(I mean other AP is done/deal at the local embassy/consulate , But Ds-5535 at WDC, the famous "visa issue after security check"). 

On 2/20/2024 at 5:59 AM, brkendream said:

I am talking about people with 5535 , majority  got refused on interview date with Ds-5535 , few got refused after interview (throw email and passport sent back to them)... 

Just dig deep you will find out such persons on this forum too(with different visa category). What I learn is this all about what type and how many types of security checks your file is in line for and the waiting line in those "checks". 

You mentioned  Iran in one of your previous  post , As we all know Iran was in banned countries , so I am not sure If there are few extra security checks or just the time because of queue for people from Iran even for those who have any indirect relationship with Iran.

As I said this whole Ds-5535 AP is mystery,,,,, Normal AP is not that much of a Mystery , they clearly told applicant the reason why he/she is in AP like missing document , incorrect information , need more proves , missing W2s etc. As soon as they get those missing information/paperwork they start visa procedure(I mean other AP is done/deal at the local embassy/consulate , But Ds-5535 at WDC, the famous "visa issue after security check"). 

let me take clear up a few things that are mystery and not any more (from my limited knowledge) :
- Immigrant and K1 DS-5355 is done by Office of Screening, Analysis and Coordination (SAC).
- all other non-immigrant visa checks for DS-5355 are done by  National Vetting Center
you can read up on this in detail (this is a statement under oath in court by the person running the Immigrant Visa DS5355 vetting):
https://redeaglelaw.com/blog-1/f/administrative-processing-backlog-of-66000-visa-applicants

So given this people who are in immigrant Visa status and given a DS5355 need to compare their timeline with other people who have the same situation

I also agree that Iranian applicant are screened more thoroughly, but what about applicant from Canada, on VJ there is a thread for Canada consulate and all the people there have been waiting for their medical who had a interview since Jan 2023. the last visa approval/Medical on that forum was from Sept 2023.... 

So everyone who is trying to make sense of DS-5355 but the data seems to point to a long wait if you are an immigrant visa applicant with DS5355. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.