opendoor

DS-5535 (PAKISTAN)

33 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2024 at 11:39 PM, long_journey_2003 said:

good news,
I got in touch with someone on telegram , and it seems like that 2 cases who interview in ISB since May 2023, both were given DS5355
One was cleared within 5 months. 
One was Cleared within 7 months. 
so it seems like ISB is moving faster for 5355 than other consulates.

Hello there , How are you , Any update on your case ? On my case 20 days gone , Still no reply(last date is still same interview date on ceac , which worries me now ).

Oh that's a great news , , This post of yours not only gives hope but also make my research online on Ds-5535 even more clear now(atleast for me),, This 5 months AP clearing case  means, fewer checks  and one security check after the other( this means all the security checks not started simultaneously to safe time).

So the person from future who is reading this and in Ds-5535 AP for immigrant visa , so far you already know that anything can trigger Ds-5535. But don't worry and keep reading. There a 3 to 4 main  security checks if you have travel history but never visited USA and you are not from 7 banned countries(and don't have any connections)if you are from those 7 countries then don't worry  their are 5 to 6 security checks , keep in mind if you don't have troubled past (let me say it "if you are not a security threat")  then each security check will take about 40 to 50 days to clear (3*50=150 days = 5 months). Some times if you are out of luck then your 1 normal security check can trigger/start 1 extra extensive security check or your file just go into waiting list for some superior officer to sign and clear at that security check. This will cause extra time delay and that time will add into your overall AP waiting time.. Don't forget to add 1 month for your embassy or consulate if you get your AP clear before your medical expiry date(if your medical expire then this will take 4 to 6 weeks).  

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this info help any body in future who is reading this , I came across 2  AP(ds-5535) cases in Pakistan (Islamabad embassy) , both mail and both got Ds-5535 (yellow slip) on interview date , so here is the short summery.

Case 1. Category IR-1 , Male from Pakistan , Never visited any country , family business(normal) , I am not typing his full name , but one main part of his name is Osama , According to him interview went good but in the end of the interview he got yellow slip and passport return  , It took full 4 months to clear AP and he got his Visa in 2nd week of 5th month.(My guess just because of one part of his name this poor Pakistani male Muslim guy who never left Pakistan spent 4.5months in AP).

Case2. Category IR-1 , Male from Pakistan , well-off family , interview went well , got yellow slip (Ds-5535)in the end. He visited  many countries , especially Iran and KSA many times(religous purpose ) , Also with heavy Muslim name (just like case 1 name problem also there), His case is  still in AP after 1 year and 5 months. 

So readers , there is no way to predicate when your AP will end (but one can guess the reason why his/her case is in AP) , this all depend on your luck , Visa officer and the queue at any security check where your case file will go.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.