bulls2030

I-751 RFE Request for Evidence Help & Guidance

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I got an RFE (Request for Evidence) for my wife in early September. We submitted I-751 in October 2018. I thought I sent enough evidence but I guess we didn't.  

On the RFE, it has in bold and underlined, GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE, INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE. 

We sent the following:

-Copy of Greencard for my Wife and Copy of US Passport for myself

-Two signed, sworned, and attested statements (affidavits) from my Father and Brother

-copy of 2017 and 2016 Joint Tax Return Transcripts

-copy of bank accounts (for each month for the past two years from Oct 2018)

-copy of credit card statements (for each month for the past two years from Oct 2018)

-letter from 401k company stating the beneficiarys on my 401k

-State farm insurance policy

-flight iternary's

-various photographs of us (not from our marriage)

Since our submitting I-751 in October 2018, we bought a house in the summer, my wife got a job as a resident physician after studying for the exams in the US. but we do not have children right now.

Here is what I am submitting for the RFE

-Copy of Driver's Licenses for both of us (showing new address)

-Tax Returns (Transcripts and the Actual Return with W2's)

-Bank Statements generated since I-751 submittal (including a new account we opened together)

-Credit card Statements generated since I-751 submittal

-Updated letter from 401k company stating my wife as a beneficiary

-Updated letter from IRA company stating my wife as a beneficiary

-Home purchase and mortgage documents showing both of our names (Special Warranty Deed, copy of mortgage statement)

-Homeowners and Auto Insurance Policys showing both of our names

-Health Insurance Policy and Water Bill showing both of our names

-Residency Application fees 

-Flight Itinerary for trips since I-751 submittal in October 2018

-Various photographs of us since I-751 Submittal in October 2018

Previously, my wife and I lived with my parents. But we just bought a house this past summer.

Do you guys think what we are sending is sufficient? Any advice on anything else to include?

Do I need to submit updated affidavits?

Professional Licenses?

My wife's Paystubs?

Wedding photos?

anything else?

do you guys think I am putting a story together with the documents I have submitted and submitting?

Would appreciate the advice.

Edited by bulls2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
37 minutes ago, bulls2020 said:

Do you guys think what we are sending is sufficient? Any advice on anything else to include?

I think you are providing sufficient evidence for the RFE......mortgage and bank documents are strong, imo.  Personally, I wouldn't bother with updated affidavits.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2019 at 11:09 AM, bulls2020 said:

Hi everyone,

I got an RFE (Request for Evidence) for my wife in early September. We submitted I-751 in October 2018. I thought I sent enough evidence but I guess we didn't.  

On the RFE, it has in bold and underlined, GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE, INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE. 

We sent the following:

-Copy of Greencard for my Wife and Copy of US Passport for myself

-Two signed, sworned, and attested statements (affidavits) from my Father and Brother

-copy of 2017 and 2016 Joint Tax Return Transcripts

-copy of bank accounts (for each month for the past two years from Oct 2018)

-copy of credit card statements (for each month for the past two years from Oct 2018)

-letter from 401k company stating the beneficiarys on my 401k

-State farm insurance policy

-flight iternary's

-various photographs of us (not from our marriage)

Since our submitting I-751 in October 2018, we bought a house in the summer, my wife got a job as a resident physician after studying for the exams in the US. but we do not have children right now.

Here is what I am submitting for the RFE

-Copy of Driver's Licenses for both of us (showing new address)

-Tax Returns (Transcripts and the Actual Return with W2's)

-Bank Statements generated since I-751 submittal (including a new account we opened together)

-Credit card Statements generated since I-751 submittal

-Updated letter from 401k company stating my wife as a beneficiary

-Updated letter from IRA company stating my wife as a beneficiary

-Home purchase and mortgage documents showing both of our names (Special Warranty Deed, copy of mortgage statement)

-Homeowners and Auto Insurance Policys showing both of our names

-Health Insurance Policy and Water Bill showing both of our names

-Residency Application fees 

-Flight Itinerary for trips since I-751 submittal in October 2018

-Various photographs of us since I-751 Submittal in October 2018

Previously, my wife and I lived with my parents. But we just bought a house this past summer.

Professional Licenses?

My wife's Paystubs?

Wedding photos?

anything else?

do you guys think I am putting a story together with the documents I have submitted and submitting?

Would appreciate the advice.

Hello,

How did your case go after submitting more evidence? I checked my online status yesterday and they are sending us a RFE. We initially provided a vast amount of evidence. We don’t know what else they would want. We filed in Nov 2018. 

Thank you,

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, Tucson2016 said:

Hello,

How did your case go after submitting more evidence? I checked my online status yesterday and they are sending us a RFE. We initially provided a vast amount of evidence. We don’t know what else they would want. We filed in Nov 2018. 

Thank you,

Case went well. Was approved about 30-45 days after submitting (cant remember exact timeframe).

• 3 months later...
On 1/29/2020 at 6:17 PM, Love2016 said:

Hello,

Thank you,

How did it go for you? I just received rfe letter today :(( I'm freaking out. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.