JonoB

Sponsor doesn’t meet minimum poverty guidelines

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I’ve received a message from the NVC saying my sponsor’s (my brother) income doesn’t meet the minimum poverty guidelines and that ‘a consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of interview’. His three years of tax returns he submitted all showed income in excess of the minimum required. He’s also about to submit his 2018 tax return, which he didn’t have when he filed the I-864 form, which also shows income comfortably above the minimum required. Is the last three years of tax returns all they base this on? Or does he need to submit anything else, such as evidence of what he is actually earning at the moment? (not so easy as he’s self-employed and his income fluctuates). I did read this is a fairly standard message, or am I wrong?

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

2018 tax return is the "most recent" and you didn't submit it. That is the most required evidence thing of all. Without that, they "fail" you automatically and say the generic "not qualified". Nothing else is reviewed if you don't send the minimal requirements...a signed form and most recent tax return or transcript. Get that return and London should accept the sponsor. 

Does your brother ther's have a spouse and a joint return?

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.