Kethnthai

I-130 Beneficiary's entry info

12 posts in this topic

I have a question on form I-130 part 4.   45-50 "Beneficiary's Entry Information."

My wife has visited the US on a B1/B2 tourist visa. so I answered yes to 45. She only visited for 10 days and has returned to Thailand so in 46a-46d I will put N/A because beneficiary is not in the US. but my question is in 47-50 passport number info. Do I put the passport that she used to visit the US which is expired. Or do I put her new passport information?

also her B1/B2 tourist visa is in her exspired passport but the visa is good for 6 more years. Do we have to do anything with the tourist visa like transfer to new passport?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kethnthai said:

I have a question on form I-130 part 4.   45-50 "Beneficiary's Entry Information."

My wife has visited the US on a B1/B2 tourist visa. so I answered yes to 45. She only visited for 10 days and has returned to Thailand so in 46a-46d I will put N/A because beneficiary is not in the US. but my question is in 47-50 passport number info. Do I put the passport that she used to visit the US which is expired. Or do I put her new passport information?

also her B1/B2 tourist visa is in her exspired passport but the visa is good for 6 more years. Do we have to do anything with the tourist visa like transfer to new passport?

Enter her current passport number.  If she's going to use the visa again, she'll need both passports.  No transferring.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

8 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Enter her current passport number.  If she's going to use the visa again, she'll need both passports.  No transferring.

Current passport as in the new one? 

The old one has all the info about previous travel and with her name and passport number any one can look up her arrival and departure info. 

Also she was actually going this Wednesday 25 to renew her passport because her original expires oct 2 2019. Maybe since her tourist visa won't expire till 6 years she can renew her passport at any time 

Right? 

Edited by Kethnthai

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kethnthai said:

Current passport as in the new one? 

The old one has all the info about previous travel and with her name and passport number any one can look up her arrival and departure info. 

Also she was actually going this Wednesday 25 to renew her passport because her original expires oct 2 2019. Maybe since her tourist visa won't expire till 6 years she can renew her passport at any time 

Right? 

She has two passports.  Only one is the current one, but she'll need both to enter the US, because her visa is not in the current passport.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Reading the I-130 instructions it sounds like under "passport and travel documents part 4 item 45-50" they want me to enter her old passport that was used to travel to the US... 

"If the beneficiary relative useda passport to travel to USA, enter the passport information in the appropriate space on the petition, even if passport is currently expired. "

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kethnthai said:

"If the beneficiary relative useda passport to travel to USA, enter the passport information in the appropriate space on the petition, even if passport is currently expired. "

Thats how i got it too. Isn't it right?

8 minutes ago, AmeriKate said:

Thats how i got it too. Isn't it right?

That's how I  see it too. But others mentioned above that new one.... 

I get confused sometimes on this website. 

For my self and wife I'm going to do how the instructions seem to say...  And use part 9 to explain with new passport information and pray! 

I've posted a question before and get 3 answers. 

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kethnthai said:

I get confused sometimes on this website. 

I always get confused on the government websites. I just can get their legal language. Forums usually help more.

1 minute ago, AmeriKate said:

I always get confused on the government websites. I just can get their legal language. Forums usually help more.

I agree I live in Thailand with my wife and for 7 years we have been using a similar forum for all our thai imagration questions from my extensions to every question but they have the administration members that answer clear what needs to be done how and paperwork. There is always the few that put false info but can see the difference. 

If you know any other forums please pm me. 

1 minute ago, Eugenia2017 said:

If the beneficiary is currently in the United States, complete Items Numbers 46.a. - 46.d., but she is not in USA

Look above!  No not in usa anymore!

Im asking about passport used to go or renewed passport that has no travel info. Question 47-50

6 minutes ago, Eugenia2017 said:

If the beneficiary is currently in the United States, complete Items Numbers 46.a. - 46.d., but she is not in USA

According to instructions :if the beneficiary relative used a passport or travel document to travel to the United States, enter either the passport or travel document information in the appropriate space on the petition, even if the passport or travel document is currently expired.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.