1,282 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2023 at 2:20 PM, ks7608 said:

@Coconuting2, please share how your interview went when you get a chance.

Hello all, 

My kids and I got to the embassy 15mins before our appointment, the security guard let us in immediately. After going through security, they showed me a tiny locker where I can keep my phone (turned off). The locker is really only for phone only and won’t be able to store anything larger.

The interview was straightforward, absolutely nothing out of what had been posted before.

Original documents:

passports 

birth certs

police record

marriage cert

passport photos

questions:

who is your petitioner

When did u get marry

Longest stay in US

Travelled outside us or Canada last 5 years

so like I said, nothing out of the ordinary.

What I want to share is medical experience. for those that don’t have their vaccine record, you can go to your family doctor and ask them for a requisition that checks for the vaccines that you hv no record of - mumps, rubella, varicella, measle, hep a, hep b etc. you can do this before u get your interview letter so you hv the report on hands and ready. it takes about 10 days to get the report back and then u can get the report from your doctor and bring it to the panel physician to show you hv immunity for those listed (if you don’t hv the immunity for any of them you can get your shot before the panel physician appointment and ask ur doc to write u a note to show the panel physician you hv received ur 1st shot). 

also, if you hv kids growing up in Canada, they might not be vaccinated against hep a and that is a required vaccine for kids, so check and book ahead for the hep a vaccine.

lastly, as recommended by @ks7608, I also called the panel physician’s office a week after my appointment to ask if our report has been uploaded. They were very nice and checked for me.

good luck, everyone!

Edited by Coconuting2

1 hour ago, Coconuting2 said:

Hello all, 

My kids and I got to the embassy 15mins before our appointment, the security guard let us in immediately. After going through security, they showed me a tiny locker where I can keep my phone (turned off). The locker is really only for phone only and won’t be able to store anything larger.

The interview was straightforward, absolutely nothing out of what had been posted before.

Original documents:

passports 

birth certs

police record

marriage cert

passport photos

questions:

who is your petitioner

When did u get marry

Longest stay in US

Travelled outside us or Canada last 5 years

so like I said, nothing out of the ordinary.

What I want to share is medical experience. for those that don’t have their vaccine record, you can go to your family doctor and ask them for a requisition that checks for the vaccines that you hv no record of - mumps, rubella, varicella, measle, hep a, hep b etc. you can do this before u get your interview letter so you hv the report on hands and ready. it takes about 10 days to get the report back and then u can get the report from your doctor and bring it to the panel physician to show you hv immunity for those listed (if you don’t hv the immunity for any of them you can get your shot before the panel physician appointment and ask ur doc to write u a note to show the panel physician you hv received ur 1st shot). 

also, if you hv kids growing up in Canada, they might not be vaccinated against hep a and that is a required vaccine for kids, so check and book ahead for the hep a vaccine.

lastly, as recommended by @ks7608, I also called the panel physician’s office a week after my appointment to ask if our report has been uploaded. They were very nice and checked for me.

good luck, everyone!

Congratulations !

Just now, dhruvroom said:

You mean your DQ is 10/17/2021 or 10/17/2022?

I DQd on 5th Oct 2022 but I haven’t received anything.

I think it’s 2022, because DQ 2021 is all done . 
you didn’t receive your interview letter because your priority date is not current I assume according to April visa bulletin. They can issue the interview letter only based on the visa bulletin .  Hopefully the dates moves forward soon . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.