JimBette

SOME HELP NEEDED.

17 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JulianaSteve said:

Hi there. Did you received your interview appointment letter? What's your Embassy?

Yes I did, it will be the embassy in Johannesburg 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Normally in the email they attached all the information you need to know before your interview. 

In this link you will find this too. You need to call your email one of those doctors. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/JHN-Johannesburg.html#medical_exam_instructions

"

U.S. Consulate General Johannesburg, South Africa - JHN

Please follow the steps below before your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Step 1: Register your appointment online

You need to register your appointment online. Registering your appointment provides us with the information we need to return your passport to you after your interview. Registration is free. Click the “Register” button below to register.

If you want to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you will be able to do so after you register your appointment.

Register >>

Step 2: Schedule a medical exam in South Africa

As soon as you receive your appointment date, you must schedule a medical exam in South Africa. Click the “Medical Exam Instructions” button below for a list of designated doctors’ offices in South Africa. Please schedule and attend a medical exam with one of these doctors before your interview.

Medical Exam Instructions >>

Step 3: Complete your pre-interview checklist

It is important that you bring all required original documents to your interview. We've created a checklist that will tell you what to bring. Please print the checklist below and bring it to your interview along with the listed documents.

Pre-Interview Checklist >>

Step 4: Review interview guidelines

Read our interview guidelines to learn about any special actions that you need to take before your visa interview.

Interview Guidelines >>

Medical Exam Instructions

All immigrant visa applicants, regardless of age, require a medical examination prior to the issuance of a visa.  Only a physician accredited by the U.S. Embassy can perform this exam.  It is your responsibility to schedule a medical exam with one of the doctors listed below before your visa interview appointment at the U.S. Consulate. Medical examination results from other physicians will not be accepted.

Approved physicians:

Dr. Junaid Hoosen
Family Medical Centre
Suite 108, Medical Mews
Sandton City
Sandton
Johannesburg
Phone: +27 (0)11 783 7320 
Fax: +27 (0)11 783 7321

Dr. Marcus Brauer MBChB (UCT), Dip PEC, DOH
Dr. Brauer and Associates

Suite 207, level 2, Clock Tower Office Suites
Clock Tower Shopping Centre
V&A Waterfront
Cape Town
Phone: +27 (0)21 419 1888
Fax: +27 (0)21 419 1886
E-mail: marcus@drbrauer.co.za

Items to bring to your examination

The doctor will need the following items to complete the medical exam forms:

• Your visa interview appointment letter,
  • Your passport,
  • Two (2) recently taken passport-sized color photographs, and
  • A copy of your immunization records.

Any medical examination fees, including x-ray and blood test fees, must be paid directly to the examining physician...."

Good luck 

6 minutes ago, JulianaSteve said:

Thank you, it helps 

Normally in the email they attached all the information you need to know before your interview. 

In this link you will find this too. You need to call your email one of those doctors. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/JHN-Johannesburg.html#medical_exam_instructions

"

U.S. Consulate General Johannesburg, South Africa - JHN

Please follow the steps below before your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Step 1: Register your appointment online

You need to register your appointment online. Registering your appointment provides us with the information we need to return your passport to you after your interview. Registration is free. Click the “Register” button below to register.

If you want to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you will be able to do so after you register your appointment.

Register >>

Step 2: Schedule a medical exam in South Africa

As soon as you receive your appointment date, you must schedule a medical exam in South Africa. Click the “Medical Exam Instructions” button below for a list of designated doctors’ offices in South Africa. Please schedule and attend a medical exam with one of these doctors before your interview.

Medical Exam Instructions >>

Step 3: Complete your pre-interview checklist

It is important that you bring all required original documents to your interview. We've created a checklist that will tell you what to bring. Please print the checklist below and bring it to your interview along with the listed documents.

Pre-Interview Checklist >>

Step 4: Review interview guidelines

Read our interview guidelines to learn about any special actions that you need to take before your visa interview.

Interview Guidelines >>

Medical Exam Instructions

All immigrant visa applicants, regardless of age, require a medical examination prior to the issuance of a visa.  Only a physician accredited by the U.S. Embassy can perform this exam.  It is your responsibility to schedule a medical exam with one of the doctors listed below before your visa interview appointment at the U.S. Consulate. Medical examination results from other physicians will not be accepted.

Approved physicians:

Dr. Junaid Hoosen
Family Medical Centre
Suite 108, Medical Mews
Sandton City
Sandton
Johannesburg
Phone: +27 (0)11 783 7320 
Fax: +27 (0)11 783 7321

Dr. Marcus Brauer MBChB (UCT), Dip PEC, DOH
Dr. Brauer and Associates

Suite 207, level 2, Clock Tower Office Suites
Clock Tower Shopping Centre
V&A Waterfront
Cape Town
Phone: +27 (0)21 419 1888
Fax: +27 (0)21 419 1886
E-mail: marcus@drbrauer.co.za

Items to bring to your examination

The doctor will need the following items to complete the medical exam forms:

• Your visa interview appointment letter,
  • Your passport,
  • Two (2) recently taken passport-sized color photographs, and
  • A copy of your immunization records.

Any medical examination fees, including x-ray and blood test fees, must be paid directly to the examining physician...."

Good luck 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi, 

No, you would need to call the Doctors office in Sandton. After completing the information supplied to you by above user. The doctors office prioritize immigration cases. But follow the information from the post above and follow the steps, give them a call and book. They're really helpful and it's pretty seamless.

1 minute ago, Nkululeko said:

Hi, 

No, you would need to call the Doctors office in Sandton. After completing the information supplied to you by above user. The doctors office prioritize immigration cases. But follow the information from the post above and follow the steps, give them a call and book. They're really helpful and it's pretty seamless.

1 minute ago, Nkululeko said:

Hi, 

OK I AM GOING TO PLACE THE CALL RIGHT NOW. THANK YOU

*~*~*country-specific question moved to Africa sub-forum. Question about procedures at the Johannesburg embassy*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

5 hours ago, Nkululeko said:

Okay, have you received the email from JohannesburgIV@state.gov yet?

I got an email from Nvc for my interview

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Anyway from 3-6 weeks. I got mine after 3 weeks. Some get it sooner, some later. I would check in at the office you applied after 3 weeks.

• 1 year later...
Timeline

The I-134 for sure! The difference between the forms is based on the visa application, the I-134 is for temporary visa’s like the b1/B2, or in this case the k1(90 days to marry).  The I-864 is for permanent residence applications. Remember that prior to arriving at your port of entry, you will be approved to marry within 90 days, this is a temporary visa granting permission to marry, it technically expires after 90 days. After marriage you submit AOS documents to the USCIS, which is why you’re not aloud to leave the US during that time as you technically don’t have a ‘legal status’ until you’re approved for your marriage green card. Once married you’ll apply for the marriage green card which will be a permanent visa category application and for that you will require the I-864 affidavit of support! Hope this helps! 

14 hours ago, Nkululeko said:

The I-134 for sure! The difference between the forms is based on the visa application, the I-134 is for temporary visa’s like the b1/B2, or in this case the k1(90 days to marry).  The I-864 is for permanent residence applications. Remember that prior to arriving at your port of entry, you will be approved to marry within 90 days, this is a temporary visa granting permission to marry, it technically expires after 90 days. After marriage you submit AOS documents to the USCIS, which is why you’re not aloud to leave the US during that time as you technically don’t have a ‘legal status’ until you’re approved for your marriage green card. Once married you’ll apply for the marriage green card which will be a permanent visa category application and for that you will require the I-864 affidavit of support! Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much! Btw I watched your YouTube channel like almost a year ago and was so happy to find you on this forum! Thanks so much once again :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.