Ms Per

RFE after N400 Interview

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys! I had my interview today, I passed the civic and written test but the IO hand me the paper with "decisions cannot be made yet" and they send me a letter of Notice of Continuance which they are asking for my daughter's Birth Certificate which i just noticed that I don't have the signature in the document as a mother. Coz my ex boyfriend did it without my presence. And also I failed to list my daughter on my ROC but she was listed on the CR1 visa. That is why they are asking for a letter of explanation why i failed to list my child. And they are also asking for a court order which I don't have. My question is, should I let them know on the letter that I didn't get to sign the birth certificate infront of a government employee? And please I need some advice what to do. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Not clear to me about the relation of your daughter's father with you.  Who has the custody of your daughter?  Is your daughter currently living with you?  Who provide financial support?

Just now, dilip said:

Not clear to me about the relation of your daughter's father with you.  Who has the custody of your daughter?  Is your daughter currently living with you?  Who provide financial support?

The father has custody, we are not married i was abused that’s why I left and he doesn’t want to give me my child when i tried talking to him. He will only give the child once i go back to him. So it’s a no for me. And up until now he doesn’t want me to have a communication with my daughter. I did try to send her some monetary through my friend but he got angry and threatened my friend. I’m sorry if this sounds weird to you. I was just wondering where can i get the court order that the USCIS is asking?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ms Per said:

The father has custody, we are not married i was abused that’s why I left and he doesn’t want to give me my child when i tried talking to him. He will only give the child once i go back to him. So it’s a no for me. And up until now he doesn’t want me to have a communication with my daughter. I did try to send her some monetary through my friend but he got angry and threatened my friend. I’m sorry if this sounds weird to you. I was just wondering where can i get the court order that the USCIS is asking?

Edited by dilip

Timeline

They above post may not be directly related to you, but may get some clue about how to get court order and also search other post.  

[1] Why did you omit your daughter information in N-400 form?

[2] They would like to see that you did not abandon your child and you have no financial obligation

[3] Is your name in your daughter birth certificate?

[4] How much time they gave you to submit the RFE?

[5] Can you get count order from your country?

Edited by dilip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.