Jump to content
Lnvall

Residence question

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Can it be a problem, if the US petitioners official residence is different than he actually lives now?

 

He lives in a different state now temporarily, because hes a US. Army member.

 

Can it be a problem with the mailing, or if i want to move there to him, to his temporary adress?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does he receive mail at is official residence?

 

As for you, you need to keep USCIS informed of your residence, easy to do using the USCIS online form


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Does he receive mail at is official residence?

 

As for you, you need to keep USCIS informed of your residence, easy to do using the USCIS online form

He can receive the mails on base, and on his official residence too (parents can forward them to his base).

 

which is better?

 

in the petition, he should write his official residence, right? Or he can write his bases adress?

 

we will live on the base after approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lnvall said:

He can receive the mails on base, and on his official residence too (parents can forward them to his base).

 

which is better?

 

in the petition, he should write his official residence, right? Or he can write his bases adress?

 

we will live on the base after approval.

 

If he will be stationed there for an extended time I would use the base address, just keep USCIS updated.   

 

Are you completing AOS or ?


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

 

If he will be stationed there for an extended time I would use the base address, just keep USCIS updated.   

 

Are you completing AOS or ?

 

Which USCIS form he need to fill for that?

 

So he have to add all of his addresses from the past 5 years.

His official residence is different than he lives now (at a base), but he can use the base as a mailing address?

 

We didnt filed the I129F petition yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

 

Which USCIS form he need to fill for that?

 

So he have to add all of his addresses from the past 5 years.

His official residence is different than he lives now (at a base), but he can use the base as a mailing address?

 

We didnt filed the I129F petition yet.

Ah .. ok.

 

If he won't be shipped out soon use is current address (otherwise use his parent's address)

 

For changing an address   https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAInitForm.do


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...