Duke

USCIS website is not updating my case!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I setup an account on the USCIS website and signed up for the email updates. The website shows our petition as having been "touched" on 5/2, 5/15 and 5/16, but no email notice of the "touches" were sent out.

HOWEVER, on 5/19 USCIS generated an RFE, which they mailed on 5/23. For some reason the RFE didn't appear on the USCIS website, nor was an email notification sent out.

We responded to the RFE, and USCIS received our response on 5/29. Once again, our response was not recorded on the USCIS website, nor was an email notification sent out.

5/16 is still the "Last Updated" date for our petition.

I phoned USCIS and all they could do was read the information off of the website to me (big help!)

*QUESTION: Has anyone else had the experience of the USCIS website not updating their case staus properly? If so, were you able to fix it somehow?

Edited by Duke

Personal Journey:

Nov 02, 2006 - Met Catherine in Australia in person for 1st time. Stayed 4 days

Nov 19, 2006 - Catherine visited me in USA for 7 days

Jan 20, 2007 - Catherine visited me in USA for 14 days

Feb 01, 2007 - Engaged!

Apr 12, 2007 - Catherine & I met in London to get married

Apr 13, 2007 - Church wedding at Windsor Castle / Honeymooned for a week in Europe

Apr 20, 2007 - Wedding reception & ring ceremony in USA (I forgot the ring on the wedding day)

Jul 18, 2007 - Catherine went back to Australia to get Visa

Jul 31, 2007 - Visa approved!

Aug 04, 2007 - Catherine arrives in USA

Oct 13, 2007 - Legal wedding date

Form I-129F process:

Feb 15, 2007 - I-129F sent to TSC via Priority Mail

Feb 20, 2007 - Application Received by TSC

Feb 26, 2007 - Acknowledgment of receipt by CSC

Feb 27, 2007 - NOA-1 issued by CSC

May 19, 2007 - RFE issued by CSC

May 27, 2007 - Response to RFE sent to CSC via Express Mail

May 29, 2007 - Response to RFE received by CSC

Jun 08, 2007 - Acknowledgment of receipt by CSC

Jun 19, 2007 - NOA-2 approval letter mailed by CSC

Jul 16, 2007 - NVC issues letter confirming receipt from CSC and stating that file will be forwarded to Consulate

Jul 21, 2007 - NVC letter received by me

Jul 23, 2007 - Fiance sends "Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed" to Consulate (with request for quick interview)

Jul 30, 2007 - Packet-3 and Packet-4 received

Jul 30, 2007 - Medical exam results picked up

Jul 31, 2007 - Interview date - APPROVED!

Aug 04, 2007 - Fiance arrives in USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I setup an account on the USCIS website and signed up for the email updates. The website shows our petition as having been "touched" on 5/2, 5/15 and 5/16, but no email notice of the "touches" were sent out.

HOWEVER, on 5/19 USCIS generated an RFE, which they mailed on 5/23. For some reason the RFE didn't appear on the USCIS website, nor was an email notification sent out.

We responded to the RFE, and USCIS received our response on 5/29. Once again, our response was not recorded on the USCIS website, nor was an email notification sent out.

I phoned USCIS and all they could do was read the information off of the website to me (big help!)

*QUESTION: Has anyone else had the experience of the USCIS website not updating their case staus properly? If so, were you able to fix it somehow?

I am having the same problems as you! I want to know what is the best way to contact CSC directly? I cannot make it passed USCIS to get there. USCIS's information is useless because it is not updated. If anyone can spare some hints to get to CSC to talk to them directly, I am sure I would not be the only one who appreciates this! Thank you in advance!

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

It happens quite often that the online status does not change when it 'should' - I don't think there's anything you can do about that! As for touches.... you won't receive an email just to tell you that your case has been 'touched' - there's not much point sending out an email just to let you know that someone picked up your file, or was working on it... emails are only sent out to let you know when something (eg an approval or RFE) has actually 'happened', and even then, they might take a long time to be sent, or not be sent at all. :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's been the norm for the past few weeks. It's been discussed in a number of threads. I think I read about one person's case status being updated online.

Ours was approved several weeks ago and should be at the local consulate by now. We never received any emails (except for one from the NVC in response to my inquiry), and the website still says that our case is pending. Details are in my sig.

If it's been a couple of weeks since the last touch or RFE, you could try calling the NVC.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

For touches email is not sent, only for major changes. They were doing some server maintenance lately so may be related.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

Don't feel bad, it happened to me as well! I had gotten 2 touches with no updates, the last one had been on May 2. That week I got an RFE in the mail. I responded to the RFE on May 12 and THEN I got an email on May 23 saying that my case had resumed. I then got an email on May 24 saying that I was approved!

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

In order to talk to someone at the CSC, you need to call the same customer service number but enter prompts as if you need help with an RFE. This will result in your call being transferred to the CSC, where they can see the actual status of your case on their computers. My petition was approved on May 3rd, approved by the NVC on May 23rd, and sent to the embassy already but the USCIS customer service people still can only see that my petition is pending. My USCIS online service account still shows my case as pending and I never received an email or a hard copy of my NOA2. When I called the USCIS customer service people, they said the only thing they could do is tell me to fill out another form requesting a duplicate hardcopy of my NOA2 (someone said this costs $200!) I refused and then called back and followed the RFE prompts, talked to a CSC customer service rep and was promised that a hardcopy NOA2 would be put in the mail the next day.

Our K-1 Timeline

1/29/07-- NOA1

5/03/07-- NOA2 (not known until 5/17/07)

5/04/07 through 5/17/07-- tortured by "computer glitch" at CSC

5/11/07-- Case sent to NVC (not known until 5/17/07)

5/16/07-- Case received at NVC (not known until 5/17/07)

5/17/07-- Called Cust Service, followed VJ.com forum advise re: RFE prompts, got live CSC operator

-- CSC operator informed me that NOA2 was approved 05/03/07 & Case sent to NVC on 5/11/07

-- When asked why I had not received any of three possible notifications, was told "computer glitch"

5/17/07-- Called NVC and was told case was received on 5/16/07

5/23/07-- Case left NVC

6/01/07-- received email from Moscow consular office stating "as of today, case not recieved from NVC"

6/04/07-- (30 days after approval petition) Called CSC and requested a copy of NOA2

6/07/07-- received email from Moscow consular office stating "We are looking forward to seeing your

fiancee here on June 8." Called Moscow Embassy Visa Information Service and was told it was a

mistake, case has only been recieved electronically so far.

6/14/07-- Received approval notice email from USCIS. Case Status Service

Online updated to show "Approval notice sent"

6/16/07-- Finally received hard copy of NOA2 in mail

6/19/07-- Called Embassy Visa Support Services and was notified of interview date

8/22/07-- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.