xylem2019

My US VISA Interview Experience

8 posts in this topic

Visa Category: F2A-F21 I had my interview yesterday in USEM. And for me it was great experience. my schedule is 8:15am but I decided to fall in line by 6:30am just tell the guard especially if your applying for immigrant visa. they will allow you to fall in line to check your ds260/etc. first they get my passport and put it inside the ziplock case. and gave to them my ds260 confirmation page. theyre going to attach a sticker to your ds260 confirmation page. then you proceed inside the USEM first they will check your luggage. no electronic devices! and Iv'e seen other people they allowed them to carry backpack. and keys for your cars/motorcycle. then after that you will proceed to waiting area. The guards will announce you code(the sticker attached to you ds260 confirmation page).who can go inside the processing room/center.  after the guard called your code. you can proceed inside the processing room/center. but you need to undergo to another security check again. like xray machine for your belongings and metal detector. after we were seated and they will just call the applicants to fall in line to for intial interview. Prepare all your original PSA documents such as birth certificate,CENOMAR,marriage certificate and NBI clearance after 20 mins its my turn for intial screening greet them good morning! and gave all my PSA documents and NBI clearance. he asked my name and birthday and how do I met my wife. he asked for other documents like form I-864,form I-864EZ,ITR's, and W2's. actually I already uploaded my PSA documents to CEAC. thats why I finished my intial interview for only 5mins. after that proceed to fingerprint scanning. first she asked for my name and birthday and put my left 4 fingers to scanner and my other right fingers to scanner after that put your both thumb to scanner. after you finsih it. they will tell you to proceed to final interview. you need to fall inline again same as the initial interview process. so its my time for final interview. the CO asked me this following questions: 
When did you meet?
how did you meet? 
how do you do? 
Do you have relatives in US?
my wifes work?
My profession? - after I told the CO that Im a nurse by profession he didn;t asked for more questions. instead his face turned/mood changes suddenly to be more accomodating. 
then he returned my PSA documents and other documents aswell. he said we already have a copy of your documents in our database. and I'm going to approved your visa. and gave me a phamplhet about domestic violence and to get a peace of paper on how to get your passport and documents from ustraveldocs.com. after the interview gave him a thanks and told him have a nice day. he replied same to you. 

Important tips: 
1. make sure you have your ds260 or else your going to have a faith like my seatmate he doesn't have his ds260 confirmation page and wet outside again to print a pay a hefty price of 400 pesos.? 
2. Always smile and greet them GOOD MORNING!
3. most of the applicants inside the USEM is serious type of person or maybe theyr'e just nervous about their interview. to overcome it. just talk to your seatmate(I'm a friendly person and sometimes talkative.) after sharing your ideas and experiences to your seatmate. as the time goes by all my nervousness were gone. 
4. Make sure you have a complete documents. especially CENOMAR. im going to share you guys my experience from PSA you can request a CENOMAR to PSA and it will took normally 2 to 3 days before you can have a copy of it. in my case. I went to PSA 1 day before my interview and I badly needed it. I don't have an idea that I also need a copy of CENOMAR for my wife. before paying the cashier I told her that I badly needed it for my interview tomorrow in USEM. I gave them a copy of my interview confirmation. she told me that she needs to talk to her supervisor first if she can do it. and her supervisor told me that just take a seat after you paid for CENOMAR and im going back at you. after 10 mins he went back outside and told me that YES they can release me a copy of CENOMAR for 1 day.(for emergency purposes only like mine I need it badly because my interview is scheduled tomorrow. he just change the date and time that was hand written on my receipt. and proceed to releasing area. just wait for the scheduled time and gave your receipt to 1 of the counters and they will release your CENOIMAR.
5.make sure to register your mailing address to ustraveldocs.com so they will know where they should mail your passport together with other documents.
6. Always pray and think positive! 

thats all. Im just sharing my personal experience to help my fellow applicants. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If the USC is also a former Filipino  (even dual citizen)

CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE (if applicable). Applicants who are single and have never been married (18 years and older) are required to obtain a CENOMAR from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). The request for a CENOMAR is a standard measure adopted in Manila to ensure that a visa applicant does not have any concealed, unterminated prior marriage to anyone, which would eliminate his / her claim to the single status of the visa category sought. To request a CENOMAR be directly submitted to the US Embassy (recommended), you may do so here: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/Terms.aspx

 A CENOMAR is also required for a petitioner who was born in the Philippines and lived in the country for at least one (1) year upon reaching the age of 18.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very informative post. Soon my wife will also do those things under f2a category. Btw, whats your PD?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.