Jump to content
Jess&Haruha

Still waiting for an email...

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I submitted a request to file my I-130 as a DCF to the US consulate in Sydney, Australia, and they forwarded the request to the Bangkok USCIS. However, that was 7 days ago and I haven't heard any word. Is it normal to wait this long? 

 

I have the entire I-130 packet ready, and I'm just waiting for the 'OK' to bring it to the Sydney consulate. 

 

How long did people here have to wait after sending the first email?

 

Thanks so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jess&Haruha said:

I submitted a request to file my I-130 as a DCF to the US consulate in Sydney, Australia, and they forwarded the request to the Bangkok USCIS. However, that was 7 days ago and I haven't heard any word. Is it normal to wait this long? 

 

I have the entire I-130 packet ready, and I'm just waiting for the 'OK' to bring it to the Sydney consulate. 

 

How long did people here have to wait after sending the first email?

 

Thanks so much

Could be 30 days.  Also this week had a holiday in it

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Could be 30 days.  Also this week had a holiday in it

Is this right? We're trying to file as an exceptional circumstance. 30 days seems long for an emergency. 

 

I've only sent in my 1) cover letter explaining our circumstances, 2) job offer letter, 3) evidence of my wife's pregnancy, 3) copy of I-130 form, and 4) my temporary Australia visa. I was under the impression we'd hear back in 1-3 days to submit our i-130 packet (if our petition is accepted), which then takes ~30 days to review. 

 

The waiting is really stressful. I feel physically nauseous all the time, can't even sleep anymore. Trying to keep it together for my wife.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jess&Haruha said:

30 days seems long for an emergency.

Unfortunately they can take their time.

 

Hang in there!


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

Unfortunately they can take their time.

 

Hang in there!

Thank you. I hate to change the topic from my original post- but you seem like the right person on this forum to ask this question:

 

After filing a DCF I-130 in Australia, is my wife allowed to move from Australia and finish the application process (CR1 via DCF under exceptional circumstances) in her home country?

 

Neither of us are Australian, but we both live here. I will need to leave soon to begin my job in the US, I really want her to move back home to be with her family since she's pregnant and needs regular medical care. She has nobody in Australia to check on her without me. I don't like the idea of her being alone and pregnant. (She's from Japan, btw). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jess&Haruha said:

Thank you. I hate to change the topic from my original post- but you seem like the right person on this forum to ask this question:

 

After filing a DCF I-130 in Australia, is my wife allowed to move from Australia and finish the application process (CR1 via DCF under exceptional circumstances) in her home country?

 

Neither of us are Australian, but we both live here. I will need to leave soon to begin my job in the US, I really want her to move back home to be with her family since she's pregnant and needs regular medical care. She has nobody in Australia to check on her without me. I don't like the idea of her being alone and pregnant. (She's from Japan, btw). 

well . . .  in order to file in Australia, both of you have to have a legal status to live in Australia.  You, the USC, can leave the day you file the petition. (Best to await the NOA1)  She would have process thru the Australian Consulate since a DCF is only valid for the consulate it is requested for.  If she could travel to Japan and be back to interview, that would be fine.   It does not sound like that is the case right now.   Depending on the dates of the pregnancy you can always slow down the process as you schedule your own Medical and Consulate appointment.  You could get the USCIS approval and then delay the medical for her to go back to Japan and give birth.   It took 6 weeks between our USCIS approval to the time the consulate assigned a DOS case number to it and then 6 more weeks to an interview.

 

It is very hard to gauge the speed of any DCF petition at the moment. 


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

well . . .  in order to file in Australia, both of you have to have a legal status to live in Australia.  You, the USC, can leave the day you file the petition. (Best to await the NOA1)  She would have process thru the Australian Consulate since a DCF is only valid for the consulate it is requested for.  If she could travel to Japan and be back to interview, that would be fine.   It does not sound like that is the case right now.   Depending on the dates of the pregnancy you can always slow down the process as you schedule your own Medical and Consulate appointment.  You could get the USCIS approval and then delay the medical for her to go back to Japan and give birth.   It took 6 weeks between our USCIS approval to the time the consulate assigned a DOS case number to it and then 6 more weeks to an interview.

 

It is very hard to gauge the speed of any DCF petition at the moment. 

Thank you so much, that is very helpful. We both have legal status to live in Australia, so she is legally fine to be here without me and travel in/out of Australia. I think with our timeline it might be best for her to go to Japan and travel back to Australia for the interview. She's exactly 6 months from giving birth today, but she probably shouldn't (or can't) fly during the final 2 months. The timeline might work out fine. Otherwise I like the idea of delaying the medical and consulate appointment to give birth in Japan. Thanks again, that's really helpful advice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I may have been too stressed this morning when I made this thread. I emailed the consulate and they replied with great news- our application is being accepted for a DCF under exceptional circumstances! (I have a short notice job offer and my wife is pregnant).

 

Apparently they emailed me earlier, but they "used the wrong email address", so I never saw it. I'll post about our progress in the future; It's been very helpful reading everyone else's stories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...