S&S16

I-130 not received by NVC - pilot electronic process

92 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2019 at 2:06 PM, Sarah18 said:

Also I am a Green Card holder I would like to know if to contact the congressman for assistance you have to be a citizen? Thanks 

@Abiba On the Privacy Waiver Act they have you complete, it only asked for my social security number and nothing about nationality or immigration status so I don't think you should have any issues contacting your congressman.

I am soooo happy to inform you all that the NVC finally received my case from USCIS! 

Since I know it can ben difficult keeping track of everyone on these forums, below is a synopsis of my seemingly never-ending time waiting on the government.

Priority date: 01/14/2019

RFE: 06/03/2019

USCIS Approval: 07/09/2019

Side note that's slightly embarrassing: I guess they actually received it in November and sent it to the wrong email address (but I had chosen to finally be patient and not call every week as it was emotionally draining). 

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I had contacted both a Congressman and Ombudsman, neither of which I felt were helpful except in giving me peace of mind that I was doing everything possible to move my case forward. The congressman only provided me with the same answers the NVC and USCIS gave, and the ombudsman only started reviewing my case last week (at least 2 months after I sent the original request). I also put in a service request to USCIS which I then got escalated to supervisor review after an unsatisfactory answer. I never heard a response from the supervisor (even after the allotted 60 days). 

I wish you all the best. I know it's so hard to do, especially around this holiday time, but just have faith it will all work out....but not as much patience as I did in that I went a month without knowing the good news.

56 minutes ago, S&S16 said:

I am soooo happy to inform you all that the NVC finally received my case from USCIS! 

Since I know it can ben difficult keeping track of everyone on these forums, below is a synopsis of my seemingly never-ending time waiting on the government.

Side note that's slightly embarrassing: I guess they actually received it in November and sent it to the wrong email address (but I had chosen to finally be patient and not call every week as it was emotionally draining). 

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I had contacted both a Congressman and Ombudsman, neither of which I felt were helpful except in giving me peace of mind that I was doing everything possible to move my case forward. The congressman only provided me with the same answers the NVC and USCIS gave, and the ombudsman only started reviewing my case last week (at least 2 months after I sent the original request). I also put in a service request to USCIS which I then got escalated to supervisor review after an unsatisfactory answer. I never heard a response from the supervisor (even after the allotted 60 days). 

I wish you all the best. I know it's so hard to do, especially around this holiday time, but just have faith it will all work out....but not as much patience as I did in that I went a month without knowing the good news.

How do I get a supervisor to look at my case?  I'm still waiting since i was approved 06/2019

4 minutes ago, james7370 said:

How do I get a supervisor to look at my case?  I'm still waiting since i was approved 06/2019

I originally called USCIS and had a service request submitted since it was beyond the 90 days since approval. After I got the response from the service request basically just reiterating the original approval notice stating (that it was approved and supposedly sent to NVC), I called USCIS and requested to speak to a Tier 2 representative who put the original service request "under supervisor review." He said it would have the same reference ID number but with an asterisk at the end. Two weeks later, I received an email stating it would take up to 60 more days for a supervisor to respond.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:46 AM, S&S16 said:

Many congratulations dear. I know it’s a tough journey with so much frustration and depression. Best of luck for the NVC stage and are you going to expedite your case? 
once again many congratulations and keep us updated regarding your NVC journey. 

On 1/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, Thainara said:

Hi everyone, im IOE from Brazil, i got my NOA2 approval last month (December 11). 

I still waiting for the case number, in USCIS i was Texas Service Center.

Have anyone heard from NVC

They say that we can get the case number in 6 to 8 weeks, im in the 4th week, and hope to give you all good news soon!

Unfortunately IOE cases are taking considerably larger time to get the case number. It could take 4 or 5 months or even more to get the case number from NVC. I am waiting from 18 weeks with no progress. 

I am following this Facebook group called IOE Receipt Numbers and a lot of us there are still waiting for the case to be sent to NVC. A lot of people waited 6 months since NOA 2 and still no progress. :(

Hopefully they fix this problem very soon. 

US. Citizenship (Petitioner)

January 5, 2019  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

February 1, 2019 -  Biometrics Appointment

April 11, 2019 Interview(PASSED!!!!!!!!!!:dance:)

June 19, 2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dance:

I-130 (Beneficiary)

June 26, 2019 - I-130 Mailed to Phoenix Lockbox

July 3, 2019 - NOA1  (IOE receipt) PD - June 28, 2019

January 8, 2020 -  NOA2 (APPROVAL)

NVC

January 20, 2020NVC Received/Case # assigned

January 28, 2020AOS & IV fee invoiced and paid

January 28, 2020- DS 260 and Civil Docs submitted

January 31, 2020- AOS submitted

February 10, 2020- Emailed NVCExpedite@state.gov to request expedite

March 4, 2020NVC Expedite Approved (Case Sent to Manila Embassy)

------------------------------😡COVID 😡-----------------------------------

Embassy

August 11, 2020 - Scheduled interview

August 25, 2020- Interview, APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance:

- Visa received

- PORT OF ENTRY! ✈️👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 

Total Cost so far : $1,320 (I-130 Fee $535 + AOS  $120 & IV Fee $325 + Medical Fee $340)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline

Congrats!

I have submitted my I30 on 6/26/19

UsCIS approval 12/30/19

Texas  service Center.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Yumburger said:

I am following this Facebook group called IOE Receipt Numbers and a lot of us there are still waiting for the case to be sent to NVC. A lot of people waited 6 months since NOA 2 and still no progress. :(

Hopefully they fix this problem very soon. 

I did call NVC yesterday and was told they were still having problem with the new pilot system. The guy i spoke said " it was supposed to make things move faster and that is not happening" Let's hope they fix it soon.

Thats just not fair. I just dont understand why they would put us on a pilot program thats not fully functional yet.

US. Citizenship (Petitioner)

January 5, 2019  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

February 1, 2019 -  Biometrics Appointment

April 11, 2019 Interview(PASSED!!!!!!!!!!:dance:)

June 19, 2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dance:

I-130 (Beneficiary)

June 26, 2019 - I-130 Mailed to Phoenix Lockbox

July 3, 2019 - NOA1  (IOE receipt) PD - June 28, 2019

January 8, 2020 -  NOA2 (APPROVAL)

NVC

January 20, 2020NVC Received/Case # assigned

January 28, 2020AOS & IV fee invoiced and paid

January 28, 2020- DS 260 and Civil Docs submitted

January 31, 2020- AOS submitted

February 10, 2020- Emailed NVCExpedite@state.gov to request expedite

March 4, 2020NVC Expedite Approved (Case Sent to Manila Embassy)

------------------------------😡COVID 😡-----------------------------------

Embassy

August 11, 2020 - Scheduled interview

August 25, 2020- Interview, APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance:

- Visa received

- PORT OF ENTRY! ✈️👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 

Total Cost so far : $1,320 (I-130 Fee $535 + AOS  $120 & IV Fee $325 + Medical Fee $340)

Timeline
11 hours ago, Yumburger said:

Thats just not fair. I just dont understand why they would put us on a pilot program thats not fully functional yet.

It is not fair, they just don't care!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.