S&S16

I-130 not received by NVC - pilot electronic process

92 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Waitlong said:

My case was approved by USCIS on 5/7/19 and NVC still does not have it. NVC basically told me the technical programs are being implemented and they will begin processing once it's in place. They cannot tell me when that would be. I contacted immigration lawyers and there's absolutely nothing they could do to help either. this is so annoying.

That’s definitely so annoying. There are few IOE receipt holder who got their case number after 4 months. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 10/4/2019 at 9:44 PM, eddie90 said:

Hey man... great!! Keep us updated and best of luck. I hope you hear some thing positive soon 

Please my case reach 102 day since June 26. I would like t know how to reach out my congressman. Thanks 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, S&S16 said:

@Sarah18 I searched in google who the congressmen for my state are, went to their website, searched for the "assistance" option and followed their instructions for immigration assistance. I sent an email explaining my situation with the Privacy Act Waiver their website provided attached. 

Thank you. I will tried to do the same 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, S&S16 said:

@Sarah18 I searched in google who the congressmen for my state are, went to their website, searched for the "assistance" option and followed their instructions for immigration assistance. I sent an email explaining my situation with the Privacy Act Waiver their website provided attached. 

Also I am a Green Card holder I would like to know if to contact the congressman for assistance you have to be a citizen? Thanks 

On 9/19/2019 at 11:11 AM, S&S16 said:

HI, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I hate to provide bad news, but mine still has not been received by the NVC. It's been over 10 weeks now. Furthermore, someone from my many calls to the NVC informed me that the NVC does not even have the database set up to receive these petitions and has no estimated date of when they will get it. I called and spoke to a Tier 2 at USCIS (no one at USCIS even seems to know about this pilot process) and he put in a service request for me a week ago to find out more information on where my case is. I am still waiting for a response. He told me to wait till Sept. 26. I am considering contacting a congressman or the ombudsman, but am afraid to do so too early and have them tell me to wait till the service request is answered. At the same time, if it does reach the 90 days I am thinking I could have it expedited with NVC later...it's a tough balance of time and a frustrating process. Keep me updated as to if you get any updates on your case. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Hi. I am in the same situation. The  I-130 was filed on January 14, 2019 and as of today I have not receive anything from NVC. How do you contact a congressman? this is absurd, it was been more than 4 months already since I received the approval and NVC gives no response. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard anything from the congressman or ombudsman besides that they've received my request and will contact me when they get a response from USCIS. After the 90 days, I spoke with a Tier 2 rep who put in a service request which led to a vague, useless response. Called back and spoke with another Tier 2 who put the same service request under "supervisor review." Now hoping that will result in something...

I have heard from the congressman, and they're no help. They got the same response from USCIS as I did. I have replied back to their email, so I will update you once I hear back from them again. I actually got to talk to a supervisor at NVC last time I called and there's basically nothing they could do. Since the case is not with NVC yet, they cannot really "review". After all the calls and emails that I've made past few months, I came to a conclusion that we are SOL and all we could do is wait. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.