Metha

221g yellow slip given to my son. What next?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I filed F2A visa for my son in Nairobi. He went for the interview on 22AUG19 and he was given 221g to submit documents proving our relationship. I uploaded on the CEAC site and the final document was uploaded on 26th of August. We are now waiting. The status went from AP to ready but they haven't called him to submit his passport. Does anyone know how long this could take? It is really really stressing me out. 😞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 9/5/2019 at 6:56 PM, Metha said:

I filed F2A visa for my son in Nairobi. He went for the interview on 22AUG19 and he was given 221g to submit documents proving our relationship. I uploaded on the CEAC site and the final document was uploaded on 26th of August. We are now waiting. The status went from AP to ready but they haven't called him to submit his passport. Does anyone know how long this could take? It is really really stressing me out. 😞

I got the same yellow slip on 5th September 

Impossible to say how long it will be, but more than a couple weeks is normal when they need to review additional documentation.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
18 hours ago, Gatwi said:

I got the same yellow slip on 5th September 

What documents did they request from you?

1 hour ago, geowrian said:

Impossible to say how long it will be, but more than a couple weeks is normal when they need to review additional documentation.

Yeah I'M upset with myself. Should have prepared everything 

Timeline
4 hours ago, geowrian said:

2 hours ago, Metha said:

What documents did they request from you?

Yeah I'M upset with myself. Should have prepared everything 

They asked for joint sponsor and consent letter to travel with my daughter .Don't be upset everything will work out.We are human and we don't have control of what the consular wants

Timeline
10 hours ago, Gatwi said:

They asked for joint sponsor and consent letter to travel with my daughter .Don't be upset everything will work out.We are human and we don't have control of what the consular wants

Thank you for your kind words. Its hard being away from a loved one and it becomes harder when we have to wait longer. 🙂

Timeline
1 hour ago, Metha said:

We received the email for him to submit his passport today. I'm feeling very blessed.

God is good dear.I wish him all the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.