Mrs. Dea

Just to be clear

12 posts in this topic

Good Day

Thanks to this community I prepared my I-130 with my husband and we are now approved. We requested DCF.

So I did some more research in the guide section and want to confirm a few things:

1. Wait 30 days or 6 weeks minimum for NVC to receive case file from USCIS . How will I know when they have received it ? We haven't been getting emails just post letter which there is a lag in time when we receive mail.

2. How long does it stay with NVC because from here my case needs to get to the consular in my country ? 

3. Would you suggest creating an online account to get notified ?

4. In the meantime what other DCF upcoming documents should we get familiar with or prepare. So far we have gone over i-864 for sponsor and DS 260.

I wish I could get and estimate of days until interview on VJ like we did for NOA

Thank you in advance.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Dudley said:

Good Day

Thanks to this community I prepared my I-130 with my husband and we are now approved. We requested DCF.

So I did some more research in the guide section and want to confirm a few things:

1. Wait 30 days or 6 weeks minimum for NVC to receive case file from USCIS . How will I know when they have received it ? We haven't been getting emails just post letter which there is a lag in time when we receive mail.

2. How long does it stay with NVC because from here my case needs to get to the consular in my country ? 

4. In the meantime what other DCF upcoming documents should we get familiar with or prepare. So far we have gone over i-864 for sponsor and DS 260.

I wish I could get and estimate of days until interview on VJ like we did for NOA

Thank you in advance.

I'm confused.  Did you do DCF or stateside filing?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mrs Dudley said:

Good Day

Thank you in advance.

How does someone request DCF?  

It's pretty apparent you are confused 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

How does someone request DCF?  

It's pretty apparent you are confused 

It is possible I may be confused hence seeking clarity, we have never gone through this process before all new.

What I meant was, there are 2 routes: 1. Stay in the US and Adjust status or 2. Select to have case processed at the consulate in the beneficiary's country 

We selected Option 2 as I am not living in the US. Case has been approved. All my questions refer to the consular process.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Dudley said:

We requested Consular Filing 

That does not make sense though.  To which address did you mail your petition?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mrs Dudley said:

The letter does read "as per your request"

DCF  means you filed your petition DIRECTLY with the consulate abroad or via a USCIS international field office.   If you submitted the petition stateside,  that is not DCF but normal consular process 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

DCF  means you filed your petition DIRECTLY with the consulate abroad or via a USCIS international field office.   If you submitted the petition stateside,  that is not DCF but normal consular process 

Thank you this is now clear 

We did what you call "stateside" at a lock box address. So I will refer to it as Consular Filing  Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Mrs Dudley said:

Thank you this is now clear 

We did what you call "stateside" at a lock box address. So I will refer to it as Consular Filing  Thank you. 

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, Mrs Dudley said:

Good Day

Thank you in advance.

1.  Yes, time from petition approval to receiving NVC case number is 6 to 8 weeks.  You will receive the NVC case number via email.

2.  Once you get the NVC case number you can go to the CEAC website (instructions with the NVC case number email), where you will pay fees, upload your civil documents, financial documents, I-864, and complete the DS-260 online, any additional documents to show a bona fide relationship.  Once all of this has been done, expect about a 3 week wait for NVC to review everything and approve the documents.  After approval there is another wait of 3 to 4 weeks, then you will receive another email with the interview date at the consulate abroad.

3.  I assume that you already sent them your email addresses so that is how you will both get notified.

4.  Visit the NVC website to review the documents you will need to upload via the CEAC website and how to scan files the way they want them.

Overall time from petition approval to interview abroad is 3 to 4 months if you have no delays or problems uploading documents correctly.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.