Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

22 minutes ago, Lee Barratt said:

Hi,

need help acquiring Spanish Police Certificates, have hit a dead end online trying direct. 

Procedure for Obtaining: For information about how to request the” Certificado de Antecedentes Penales” you can visit the following web page mjusticia.gob.es.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 8/27/2019 at 12:27 AM, JFH said:

Procedure for Obtaining: For information about how to request the” Certificado de Antecedentes Penales” you can visit the following web page mjusticia.gob.es.

It seems to be a mission impossible to obtain a criminal record for Spain if you are not in Spain. The mjusticia website requires a prepaid envelope to be sent with the documents but I can't buy one from Germany. Do you have any idea on how to obtain that? I have called various messenger services and the Spanish post office but the only offer prepaid envelopes that send stuff within Spain...

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lee Barratt said:

I recently used Fedex to do this but only for returning the documents, not sending them. Send them cheaper using your normal postal service. It cost £50 with Fedex to return the docs. Took around 30 days to complete. Ask Fedex in your country on how to do returns. 

Ok, I will call them today! Thank you very much  :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Inita said:

Ok, I will call them today! Thank you very much  :)

Hi there, me again... I have just talked to Fedex but they say that I must book a specific pick up date/ time. The Spanish ministry of justice told me that I can't do that but that I need to send them an envelope. this is so frustrating. Did you do it with the Spanish ministry of justice as well? I really don't want to travel to Madrid just to get this stupid certificado 😩

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

have you tried to directly call the ministry of justice or a territorial office? I am going to get my police certificate tomorrow and last week I called the one in Barcelona to ask for some clarifications and they were very helpful.

I also saw that in the Central Citizen Service in Madrid you have to book a prior appointment, but in other territories like Barcelona you can go any time. So maybe there is a chance they are more flexible to help you if there is a way. https://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satellite/Portal/es/direcciones-telefonos/ministerio-justicia/gerencias-territoriales/

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

have you tried to directly call the ministry of justice or a territorial office? I am going to get my police certificate tomorrow and last week I called the one in Barcelona to ask for some clarifications and they were very helpful.

I also saw that in the Central Citizen Service in Madrid you have to book a prior appointment, but in other territories like Barcelona you can go any time. So maybe there is a chance they are more flexible to help you if there is a way. https://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satellite/Portal/es/direcciones-telefonos/ministerio-justicia/gerencias-territoriales/

I have talked to someone in Madrid at the ministry directly. That person was NOT so helpful unfortunately, only kept saying ' no entiendo su problema' 🥺... are you going to the territorial office in Barcelona to get the certificado ? are you a Spanish national? I wouldn't mind to do it in Barcelona, as I lived there and still have friends that I could stay with and make it a little vacation trip ;) ... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Yes I am going to the territorial office in Barcelona tomorrow - I can tell you more info after if you want. I am actually Greek but live in BCN now. Maybe try calling the office in Barcelona and ask them? I dont know if you speak Spanish but it will sure make it easier to get some infor from them, or maybe one of your friends can call? Also, if you want to avoid a trip here maybe you can check if you can give power of attorney to one of your friends and they can go take it for you 

WHEN THE CERTIFICATE IS NOT PERSONALALLY REQUESTED BY THE INTERESTED PARTY BUT BY ANOTHER PERSON WHO REPRESENTS HIM , in addition to proving his identity through the documentation of point 2 above, he must provide:

• Original or certified photocopy of the identification document in force of the represented.
  • Original or certified photocopy of the document proving representation by any means valid in law by:
    • Public document authorized by a notary, or
    • Private document with signatures legitimized by a notary, or
    • Private document, granted in personal appearance of the interested party before a public employee, which will record this circumstance through diligence.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

Yes I am going to the territorial office in Barcelona tomorrow - I can tell you more info after if you want. I am actually Greek but live in BCN now. Maybe try calling the office in Barcelona and ask them? I dont know if you speak Spanish but it will sure make it easier to get some infor from them, or maybe one of your friends can call? Also, if you want to avoid a trip here maybe you can check if you can give power of attorney to one of your friends and they can go take it for you 

WHEN THE CERTIFICATE IS NOT PERSONALALLY REQUESTED BY THE INTERESTED PARTY BUT BY ANOTHER PERSON WHO REPRESENTS HIM , in addition to proving his identity through the documentation of point 2 above, he must provide:

• Original or certified photocopy of the identification document in force of the represented.
  • Original or certified photocopy of the document proving representation by any means valid in law by:
    • Public document authorized by a notary, or
    • Private document with signatures legitimized by a notary, or
    • Private document, granted in personal appearance of the interested party before a public employee, which will record this circumstance through diligence.

fantástico! mil gracias- te agradezco montón si me puedas decir más manana :) no me importaría ir para hacerlo yo misma- así opción de visitar amics i la meva ciutat mes estimada del mon ;)  suerte!!

10 hours ago, Inita said:

Hi there, me again... I have just talked to Fedex but they say that I must book a specific pick up date/ time. The Spanish ministry of justice told me that I can't do that but that I need to send them an envelope. this is so frustrating. Did you do it with the Spanish ministry of justice as well? I really don't want to travel to Madrid just to get this stupid certificado 😩

Hi, this is nonsense.

sign up for a fedex account, you have to register a card for payment but nothing is taken until the service is completed. You then have to fill in the details and choose a ‘return option’ by ticking the box. Fill in both, one for sending and one for return. I simply cancelled the ‘sending’ option once I’d completed the order, this way still allowing the ‘return to yourself’ option, as I figured it was way cheaper to send using Royal Mail in the UK, where I live. Once you have the account, you can ring Fedex and they’ll talk you through it if you struggle. I stressed over this a lot, but it was a simple process once I took my time to go through it. 

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.