Jump to content
lewisliu

Case received date

14 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

See a few posts here on 90 days+ wait for case to be received by NVC. I have waited 4 weeks now since I-130 approval at the end of July.

Is this the normal timeline now? or this is only happen when case is lost during transferring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lewisliu said:

See a few posts here on 90 days+ wait for case to be received by NVC. I have waited 4 weeks now since I-130 approval at the end of July.

Is this the normal timeline now? or this is only happen when case is lost during transferring

It speeds up and slows down depending on the number of cases they receive. Most likely it is received, it's just waiting its turn to be entered into the system. You can call the NVC to confirm they have the case by giving them the USCIS receipt number, as well as they can tell you more precisely what the expected wait time is until it is in the system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

It speeds up and slows down depending on the number of cases they receive. Most likely it is received, it's just waiting its turn to be entered into the system. You can call the NVC to confirm they have the case by giving them the USCIS receipt number, as well as they can tell you more precisely what the expected wait time is until it is in the system. 

Just called, spent 1hr waiting. They said they have not yet received the case. 

 

Trying to call USCIS now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lewisliu said:

Just called, spent 1hr waiting. They said they have not yet received the case. 

 

Trying to call USCIS now. 

See, now you know something you didn't know before. Ask USCIS for some sort of tracking number or confirmation that was was sent to NVC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, designguy said:

My case wasnt sent to NVC until the 8th week but I got my case number a week later.

Thanks! in total it took 9 weeks for you to have the case number then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I received the NOA2 on May 10th. And the USCIS site said it was approved. However it didnt change on the USCIS site to "Case sent to NVC..." until July 3rd. When I called on July 10th I got my case number. What does your status in USCIS say? It seems that sometimes there is a real delay in them sending it. Im sure EB2/EB3 are going to be similar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, designguy said:

Yeah I received the NOA2 on May 10th. And the USCIS site said it was approved. However it didnt change on the USCIS site to "Case sent to NVC..." until July 3rd. When I called on July 10th I got my case number. What does your status in USCIS say? It seems that sometimes there is a real delay in them sending it. Im sure EB2/EB3 are going to be similar

agree....I received NOA2 via mail on July 28th. A month later today, the website still says "we received your case", so the approval status is lagged significantly. 

calling USCIS in a bit to find out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lewisliu said:

agree....I received NOA2 via mail on July 28th. A month later today, the website still says "we received your case", so the approval status is lagged significantly. 

calling USCIS in a bit to find out

Was yours a self petition or through an employer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, lewisliu said:

agree....I received NOA2 via mail on July 28th. A month later today, the website still says "we received your case", so the approval status is lagged significantly. 

calling USCIS in a bit to find out

In case your petition was through an employer. You won't be able to call USCIS it will be your employer or your employers attorney. I called myself and they told me the company would need to call. I think its because up until NVC receives the case, its technically not really your case, its your employers. Once its at NVC it becomes your petition and you have access

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, designguy said:

Ah sorry I saw the EB-2 in your profile and assumed. My bad. Go ahead and call ill keep my fingers crossed for you

called USCIS, they said they only start a process to check if it is above 90 days.

And for NVC, they said they can offer instruction when above 6 weeks.

Looks like I have no choice but wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, lewisliu said:

called USCIS, they said they only start a process to check if it is above 90 days.

And for NVC, they said they can offer instruction when above 6 weeks.

Looks like I have no choice but wait

Yeah just gotta wait a bit more. After 6 weeks NVC will tell you to email the NVCResearch email

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...