Amir iqbal

Nvc is taking too much time in response ?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, Amir iqbal said:

When did you submitted the documents?

As of 26-AUG-2019 we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 19-JUL-2019. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Edited by JulianaSteve

1 minute ago, JulianaSteve said:

When did you submitted the documents?

Here in is link they say: . As of 26-AUG-2019 we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 05-AUG-2019

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

I had uploaded my documents in may , but they have considered my passport invalid on 24 july so i resubmitted that again , its been more then a month i didnt get any response.. what should i do now ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Amir iqbal said:

I had uploaded my documents in may , but they have considered my passport invalid on 24 july so i resubmitted that again , its been more then a month i didnt get any response.. what should i do now ??

Probably you can try to call the NVC but is hard to get some answers 😕 HopHope they approves your case soon. Good luck. 

Timeline

I'm in a similar boat. We got told on July 29th to resubmit my husband's passport because it was vertical and not horizontal. I did it the same day. We still haven't heard back. All other documents are approved. I called last week and they said to wait. Quoted the website about documents from before 7/15 being approved. Makes me so cranky as the other 70 pages got approved in 3.5 weeks. 

1 hour ago, gonzolux said:

I'm in a similar boat. We got told on July 29th to resubmit my husband's passport because it was vertical and not horizontal. I did it the same day. We still haven't heard back. All other documents are approved. I called last week and they said to wait. Quoted the website about documents from before 7/15 being approved. Makes me so cranky as the other 70 pages got approved in 3.5 weeks. 

Yes exactly we are having the same situation, my all other documents have been accepted but not passport, because it was not on the right side up so I uploaded that again , and you said you contacted them and you were told to wait but whenever i try to call them they never get connected, it’s becoming so stressful because I don’t know what to do further :( 

and hey can you tell me that which page of passport you have submitted ?? 

Kindly keep me updated from your case

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Amir iqbal said:

Yes exactly we are having the same situation, my all other documents have been accepted but not passport, because it was not on the right side up so I uploaded that again , and you said you contacted them and you were told to wait but whenever i try to call them they never get connected, it’s becoming so stressful because I don’t know what to do further :( 

and hey can you tell me that which page of passport you have submitted ?? 

Kindly keep me updated from your case

To reach them, I recommend trying either 7 am Eastern time or 10 pm Eastern time. I hear the wait is shorter in the morning but I'm not good at waking up at early. The key to reaching a human is to call back a few times in a row, and you'll eventually get a message about waiting with options. Tonight, I had to call three times to get in the hold line.

As for the passport, we submitted the page with the picture. It's laid flat so the page opposite is included as well. They received a lot of documents recently so it slowed some some :( It's true though, if your document(s) were submitted after July 19th, you just have to wait until they get to your date! You are a probably in line for next week though! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.