NicolaBolton87

Green card interview this week

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have my green card interview this Wednesday and I’m having a last minute panic about what I need to take. It’a a marriage based green card, and I moved here last August from the UK.

i have the following:

- Tenancy agreement with both our names and signatures

- Letter from our bank confirming our joint account 

- Bill from our doctor with my name and address on

- Letter with my husbands name and address on

- Passport with K1 visa in

- Birth certificate

- Husband’s birth certificate 

- My SSN

- Marriage certificate

- Letter from USCIS confirming green card interview

- All other letters from USCIS regarding work permit, travel document etc

- UK police certificate 

- Letter, receipt, confirmation of vaccinations from my medical in the UK

- Payslips from my job

- Payslips from my husbands job

- Print out of my husbands life insurance with my name as the beneficiary 

- Last years tax return

i’m reading on here that I need a copy of the entire AOS package I sent off but I didn’t make a copy. Is that going to be a problem?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's good to have for reference / make sure you didn't forget what you wrote, but they aren't going to ask for a copy of your I-485. They will ask you questions from it (as you've probably read in past interview experiences).

They may ask for original copies of things you sent in along with the I-485, like Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, and to see anything else you might have sent them, which is mentioned in the notice.

We just printed out a copy of the I-485 that I had saved. We also printed out copies of everything mentioned on the notice, even though they mentioned that we didn't have to submit them again if already submitted (for example, the Medical was submitted on entry into the country, but we brought our copy of it, just in case they managed to lose it or something like that).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.