AKK123

Additional Docs Required

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi, I submitted AOS, civil docs and Ds260 on July 19, 2019 for IR5. I received a message on July 31, 2019 asking for additional documents. 

I submitted these on August 2, 2019. However, I have not received any update from NVC yet about acceptance of the additional docs I sent.

How long should I wait before contacting NVC about it? What is the expected time delay for reviewing the additional docs NVC requests? Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, AKK123 said:

Hi, I submitted AOS, civil docs and Ds260 on July 19, 2019 for IR5. I received a message on July 31, 2019 asking for additional documents. 

I submitted these on August 2, 2019. However, I have not received any update from NVC yet about acceptance of the additional docs I sent.

How long should I wait before contacting NVC about it? What is the expected time delay for reviewing the additional docs NVC requests? Thanks!

Hi there. They are taking about 4 weeks to process any new documents 

Timeline

@JulianaSteve, are you saying four weeks from what is stated on travel.state.gov website?

I have seen that too and wanted to know more from someone's recent experience as the first set of docs I submitted got accepted within ten days (though even then it showed reviewing files with 4 weeks delay).

Timeline
Just now, AKK123 said:

@JulianaSteve, are you saying four weeks from what is stated on travel.state.gov website?

I have seen that too and wanted to know more from someone's recent experience as the first set of docs I submitted got accepted within ten days (though even then it showed reviewing files with 4 weeks delay).

This is my personal experience.  Every time they asked me for new documents they took between 3 or 4 weeks to give me a answer.  

I submitted something June 27th and they Accepted on July 26th

Screenshot_20190819-032355_Chrome.jpg

Timeline

@JulianaSteve, where can I see these updates in the same manner as you have attached screenshot?

I have only been logging into ceac.state.gov with case ID to see if I have received any new messages or if docs have been accepted. I have not seen any message with title U.S. Status. What is that meant for? Thanks for your prompt replies. Highly appreciated!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AKK123 said:

@JulianaSteve, where can I see these updates in the same manner as you have attached screenshot?

I have only been logging into ceac.state.gov with case ID to see if I have received any new messages or if docs have been accepted. I have not seen any message with title U.S. Status. What is that meant for? Thanks for your prompt replies. Highly appreciated!

When you are signed up in the CEAC website you will find in the right side.

Screenshot_20190819-033124_Chrome.jpg

Edited by JulianaSteve

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AKK123 said:

The U.S Status was because they asked for a proof of my in laws citizenship 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

they keep accepting and rejecting my documents I call last week and they say they are two weeks behind I sent my documents in again on july 18, 2019. so u have to wait on them calling them don't make a difference.

Timeline
5 hours ago, AKK123 said:

I send my documents in on july 18, 2019. I call last week and they tell me they are two weeks behind. they keep accepting my papers then rejecting them for the past three months but this time I no God is going to let them approve you have to wait four weeks or more on them.

Timeline

@kedked, Do you mean they accepted your document and after few days marked the same document as rejected?

If you submitted on July 18 and NVC says it is two weeks behind, then they should have reviewed your docs two weeks back itself. Now its four weeks since you submitted. Hopefully, you will hear good news soon this time. All the best!

Timeline
10 hours ago, kedked said:

I send my documents in on july 18, 2019. I call last week and they tell me they are two weeks behind. they keep accepting my papers then rejecting them for the past three months but this time I no God is going to let them approve you have to wait four weeks or more on them.

No after a month I have been going backward with them for 3 months but today the accept them all thanks to God 

Hi all,

I hear you guys. I have submitted documents on July 8, until there's no news at all. It's weird that I have 2 petitions for 2 minor children, a boy and a girl. All documents are identical, except their passports of course. The first message from NVC was about re-submission copy of passports coz they were wrong-side up. I re-submitted and my boy got approval for documenterially qualified after another 4 weeks BUT my girl, with the same package, has not heard anything yet (after re-submitted passport). 

-Re-submitted passport on July 8 => Aug 2: my boy got approval letter for qualified docs.

- Re-submitted passport on July 8 => now Aug 20: no news.

2016-11-28: I-130 Sent

2016-11-25: I-130 NOA1

2017-07-21: I-130 Approved (after 238 days)

2017-08-01: NVC Received

2017-08-05: AOS Bill/Paid

2017-08-30: Case Completed (Electronic processing)

2017-10-03: Interview date (U.S Consulate in Sydney Australia)

2017-10-03: Visa Approved

2017-10-15: Received visa/passport

2017-10-20: LAX POE

---------

Remove Conditions: 

2019-07-22: I-751 Sent to AZ

2019-07-24: Received and Scanned

2019-08-02: Received 18 month extension Letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.