JennandJames

Interview Wait Times

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, JennandJames said:

Hello, 

My hubby and I found out that we are documentarily qualified for CR1. What are the current interview wait times for Montreal?

My CC is June 3 and no interview letter yet. Loooots on my list who got CC before me and still waiting too. 

@alexander07 April 26

@mcinnis17 April 30

@mlabib May 1

@Hermanl May 2

@KrisUSBound May 2

@Izzy A May 2

@JessLes May 2

@AGNVMay 6

@RRG May 6

@ATD-Can May 7

@chanimal May 10

@don_mar May 14

@M&K2019 May 15

@hetakshpatel May 16

@Canadiangirl38 May 17

@MDQ May 24

@jonesry09 May 28

@bigportions May 31

@Tonybaloney May 31

@Kelshabrit May 31

@Kartinee23 June 3

@mikebike June 4

@SunnyTiger June 4

@Parisa_1234 June 6

@in.dfw June 12

@SSJAIN June 13

@lilleahbeah June 18

@SBSW July 1

@detj2009@gmail.co July 2

@DavidThweatt July 4

@BellaJosephine July 5

@mrSam July 19

@jessicashmessica July 29

@PrincessCRV Aug 1

@mteely Aug 2

9 hours ago, Kartinee23 said:

My CC is June 3 and no interview letter yet. Loooots on my list who got CC before me and still waiting too. 

@alexander07 April 26

@mcinnis17 April 30

@mlabib May 1

@Hermanl May 2

@KrisUSBound May 2

@Izzy A May 2

@JessLes May 2

@AGNVMay 6

@RRG May 6

@ATD-Can May 7

@chanimal May 10

@don_mar May 14

@M&K2019 May 15

@hetakshpatel May 16

@Canadiangirl38 May 17

@MDQ May 24

@jonesry09 May 28

@bigportions May 31

@Tonybaloney May 31

@Kelshabrit May 31

@Kartinee23 June 3

@mikebike June 4

@SunnyTiger June 4

@Parisa_1234 June 6

@in.dfw June 12

@SSJAIN June 13

@lilleahbeah June 18

@SBSW July 1

@detj2009@gmail.co July 2

@DavidThweatt July 4

@BellaJosephine July 5

@mrSam July 19

@jessicashmessica July 29

@PrincessCRV Aug 1

@mteely Aug 2

Do you know how far out they typically schedule interviews? So if you received yours today when would it likely be scheduled for? A month, two months etc?

Timeline
41 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

Do you know how far out they typically schedule interviews? So if you received yours today when would it likely be scheduled for? A month, two months etc?

Honestly at this time, it’s hard to tell. There used  to be at least a pattern based on CC, IL and interview dates from fellow VJ members months ago. Mid month, 3-4wks after CC they receive interview letters for the nxt month interview. So interviews used to be 1.5- 2months from CC date. Idk what happened. All of a sudden no movement in our category. As you can see... no schedules given out since May. I’m only basing this on the list I have above. We never know if someone Who is not on VJ had interview. Byw, We have one person CC January and she got IL mid July for Aug 5 interview and that was it. ☹️

Also last Thursday, I know 2 people under EB category who got their interview letters but they are employment based. I’m guessing they are finishing up that category before spouses of USC? Thought us spouses are always current and wont have to wait this long for interview. 

7 hours ago, Kartinee23 said:

Honestly at this time, it’s hard to tell. There used  to be at least a pattern based on CC, IL and interview dates from fellow VJ members months ago. Mid month, 3-4wks after CC they receive interview letters for the nxt month interview. So interviews used to be 1.5- 2months from CC date. Idk what happened. All of a sudden no movement in our category. As you can see... no schedules given out since May. I’m only basing this on the list I have above. We never know if someone Who is not on VJ had interview. Byw, We have one person CC January and she got IL mid July for Aug 5 interview and that was it. ☹️

Also last Thursday, I know 2 people under EB category who got their interview letters but they are employment based. I’m guessing they are finishing up that category before spouses of USC? Thought us spouses are always current and wont have to wait this long for interview. 

If interviews are taking that long to schedule, with the current Nebraska wait time for I-130 approval, you could be looking at nearly 2 years for approval at this point. 

12 months at Nebraska, a month to get it sent to NVC, 2 months to get a case number, 2-3 months for CC and then 4-5 months for interview/complete.  What used to be done in 12-14 months is more like 20-22 months at the moment. Pretty crazy...

Timeline
8 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

If interviews are taking that long to schedule, with the current Nebraska wait time for I-130 approval, you could be looking at nearly 2 years for approval at this point. 

12 months at Nebraska, a month to get it sent to NVC, 2 months to get a case number, 2-3 months for CC and then 4-5 months for interview/complete.  What used to be done in 12-14 months is more like 20-22 months at the moment. Pretty crazy...

Wow didnt know Nebraska takes 12mos? Ours was Texas. June 28 and approved Dec 12 but got case number Feb 16 2019. Took two months for us at NVC stage because of rfes. You get approved faster at NVC if first attempt is complete and no mistakes. Make sure to check all yours when the time comes to upload and submit documents. 3x lawyer’s fault for us. 😑

12 hours ago, Kartinee23 said:

Wow didnt know Nebraska takes 12mos? Ours was Texas. June 28 and approved Dec 12 but got case number Feb 16 2019. Took two months for us at NVC stage because of rfes. You get approved faster at NVC if first attempt is complete and no mistakes. Make sure to check all yours when the time comes to upload and submit documents. 3x lawyer’s fault for us. 😑

Yes, Nebraska is painfully slow. Most people are getting it around the year mark on VJ whereas Texas is 6-8 months. Potomac is 3-4 months...it's crazy how much difference there is...just random luck that can keep people apart for an extra 6-9 months unfortunately. And the processing times beyond that are getting slower...that interview time gap is enormous compared to stats I've seen from the past. A process that used to take on average 15 months start to finish is rising quickly.

I was reading this trying to figure out what IL meant.... interview letter? Just for reference, that's called p4 (packet 4) if you're looking at timelines, like mine for instance.  

The wait times have increased dramatically especially with only Montreal processing immigrant visas. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.