5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

Dunno if this came up anywhere before, but I would be happy to hear your comments/suggestions about this topic.

Got my SSN back in 1992 in Hartford CT, when I was attending the college. After a loooong time, I realized that my SSN card doesnt have any remarks or restriction on the face.

So here are my questions:

1) Does this mean that I have an "Unrestricted SSN" ?

2) Can I apply to a job in U.S without needing a work visa sponsorship?

3) I currently have a U.S tourist visa good for 10 years, can I just come in and start working for a company / or start my own company in U.S?

4) Can I come in with that Tourist visa and apply for permanent residency?

Thank you all in advance 

57 minutes ago, p-ana said:

You can not enter the country with a tourist visa when your intention is not to visit.

you can not work unless you have authorization to do it, having only ssn doesn’t grant you authorization.

research work visas.

Thanks for the reply @p-ana 

With the unrestircted SSN, can I apply for a job located in U.S via online jobpost (i.e LinkedIn) and then apply for the working visa in case of getting accepted? 

5 hours ago, BP1971 said:

Thanks for the reply @p-ana 

With the unrestircted SSN, can I apply for a job located in U.S via online jobpost (i.e LinkedIn) and then apply for the working visa in case of getting accepted? 

You can apply for jobs as much as you want but they usually ask you f you’re authorized to work, which you are not 

please research work visas. You don’t apply for them, it’s the company hiring you that will do that

2 hours ago, p-ana said:

You can apply for jobs as much as you want but they usually ask you f you’re authorized to work, which you are not 

please research work visas. You don’t apply for them, it’s the company hiring you that will do that

All well noted....thank you for all the insight you provided me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.