Brazil/US2018

*Address Change Question?? k1 VISA*

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello!

My husband and I just moved to a new place (finally after living 1 month apart AFTER we got married...long story short, we were waiting to find a house we could afford on 1 income since he cant work on a K1 VISA). He lived in Richmond, VA and I live in Aldie, VA (we saw each other every Friday-Sunday for the last few months of him being here...yes it was horrible but I couldn't leave my job since it gives us full benefits and an awesome pay). So we just paid the price of living apart until the right place came along!!

Our situation is, we have all of our paperwork and address listed on the RICHMOND address (my mom's house where he lived while we were looking for a house here). Now that we have our own place, and we are fling the AOS this week, should I list the new address? Problem is, I hear that changing address slows things quite a bit at USCIS...AND we still go home to the Richmond address every Friday-Sunday (its about a 2 hour drive). I have my car insurance, job, and everything else in my life listed under the Richmond address. Can anyone tell me if this is going to cause an issue??

Thank you so kindly! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

Hello!

My husband and I just moved to a new place (finally after living 1 month apart AFTER we got married...long story short, we were waiting to find a house we could afford on 1 income since he cant work on a K1 VISA). He lived in Richmond, VA and I live in Aldie, VA (we saw each other every Friday-Sunday for the last few months of him being here...yes it was horrible but I couldn't leave my job since it gives us full benefits and an awesome pay). So we just paid the price of living apart until the right place came along!!

Our situation is, we have all of our paperwork and address listed on the RICHMOND address (my mom's house where he lived while we were looking for a house here). Now that we have our own place, and we are fling the AOS this week, should I list the new address? Problem is, I hear that changing address slows things quite a bit at USCIS...AND we still go home to the Richmond address every Friday-Sunday (its about a 2 hour drive). I have my car insurance, job, and everything else in my life listed under the Richmond address. Can anyone tell me if this is going to cause an issue??

Thank you so kindly! :)

The rule is within 10 days of changing location.  The advantage you have is that if the change doesn't take,  you will still get mail at your other address 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

I have files the AOS paper work yet. So do I have to notify them through phone or online? or can I just put the new address on the AOS form?

While you should do online (form AR11) if the i485 is going soon I would think that is sufficient 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.