Jump to content
JimBette

Over 2 months No Interview date..

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

We were also hanging at NVC and they kept asking us for the same info over and over again and documents getting lost etc. We emailed them an Expedite Request with our entire timeline included and screen shots with all the mistakes they made and they sent our request to the US Consulate in Johannesburg and the Consular General accepted it and within two weeks were able to schedule my interview date and the medical appointments. My interview was August 15th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, rYm said:

We were also hanging at NVC and they kept asking us for the same info over and over again and documents getting lost etc. We emailed them an Expedite Request with our entire timeline included and screen shots with all the mistakes they made and they sent our request to the US Consulate in Johannesburg and the Consular General accepted it and within two weeks were able to schedule my interview date and the medical appointments. My interview was August 15th. 

How the your interview go? please update me on some questions asked by consular..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JimBette said:

How the your interview go? please update me on some questions asked by consular..

The interview went fine. I was not asked questions that were specific. Just asked about my marriage and the interviewing officer focused on my husband and asked him more questions pertaining to his past marriages. That was it. I don't know what stage you are at but my case was expedited and as soon as the US Consulate in Johannesburg they emailed me an appointment confirmation letter. I had to schedule my own interview date via a website. They provide all the information. Once my interview was scheduled I also had to schedule my own medical appointments. They do those in two appointments. My interview was successful and I am waiting for my passport to be returned to me together with my immigrant packet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rYm said:

The interview went fine. I was not asked questions that were specific. Just asked about my marriage and the interviewing officer focused on my husband and asked him more questions pertaining to his past marriages. That was it. I don't know what stage you are at but my case was expedited and as soon as the US Consulate in Johannesburg they emailed me an appointment confirmation letter. I had to schedule my own interview date via a website. They provide all the information. Once my interview was scheduled I also had to schedule my own medical appointments. They do those in two appointments. My interview was successful and I am waiting for my passport to be returned to me together with my immigrant packet.

Great experience I am at the stage of waiting for interview date and medicals, I have been waiting for interview since the 6th of June, just don't know when they will respond, my wife is is the edge of calling NVC to find out the delay, What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We wasted no time! We called NVC repeatedly. Call them, write down who you talk to, and also what they tell you. It was because of this back and forth with phone calls and the things we were told that I kept a strict timeline and eventually emailed NVC and put in an expedite request. They sent it to the US Consular General in SA who approved my request. Otherwise we would still be at NVC

Edited by rYm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. I'm new here and my case it at NVC. Just by reading your experience I'm getting nervous that my case might be at NVC for long. How long were your cases at NVC. I missed the shipment of the 3rd September. Also another question. Did you start filling out DS 160 forms even though your cases were still at NVC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...