Paula111

Advanced Parole 2019 and unlawful status

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/10/2019 at 5:35 PM, Paula111 said:

Hallo everyone I just got back into the country after 16 years of unlawful presence with advanced parole.

This was my experience : 

Leaving from Italy- they didn't know what AP was, lots of phone calls, go to the airport with extra time.

Arrival in Miami: they told me to go to a separate office to be paroled into the Country, they took my combo card one minute later they gave it back to me and told me I was free to go. Not one question asked.

Conclusion: I will use my AP again before it expires with no more worries. Everybody unlawful presence is not an issue! Thank God

They did not know what Advance Parole was? Awesome that you got back in. Not even sure if they know about MoA? 

Your unlawful presence continues until you are granted Permanent Residence?

Edited by Visitor User

3 hours ago, Visitor User said:

They did not know what Advance Parole was? Awesome that you got back in. Not even sure if they know about MoA? 

Your unlawful presence continues until you are granted Permanent Residence?

Hi. No they do not know of AP in a foreign country ,looks like, got to go to the Airport in advance. Give them time to figure it out with a few phone calls.

I guess so, but it is not really a problem, looks like nobody care much of it 

7 hours ago, Visitor User said:

They did not know what Advance Parole was? Awesome that you got back in.

OP said it was airline employees at flight check-in that didn't know what AP was (many airline employees don't even know what "Adjustment of Status" is). There is always a chance of encountering clueless airline employees; ask for higher-ups if it happens. Someone there should have a current copy of CBP's Carrier Information Guide: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2017-Nov/carrier-information-guide-english.pdf Pages 44 and 45

Edited by HRQX

2 hours ago, HRQX said:

OP said it was airline employees at flight check-in that didn't know what AP was (many airline employees don't even know what "Adjustment of Status" is). There is always a chance of encountering clueless airline employees; ask for higher-ups if it happens. Someone there should have a current copy of CBP's Carrier Information Guide: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2017-Nov/carrier-information-guide-english.pdf Pages 44 and 45

Yes exactly what happened to me.

I just advise to go to the Airport at least 3 hours before your flight to give employees at check in enough time to figure out what AP is.

I went 1 hour and a half before and I was gonna miss my flight because of these employees. 3 hours before if traveling with AP is advised 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.