JP87

visa interview - AOS update needed?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the link.  all new to me.     I see it is offered at very limited embassies for the moment.   I know can see why the form would get "demanding" about your residency timeline.   I can not view the actual electronic form so not sure you have to start at your birth to conception of your children for your residency timeline, I personally would create a timeline of the past year, if the form doesn't take that try the past five years (just a suggestion).       Thanks again for the link

Parents of children born in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan and Mexico can now apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) electronically 

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Transmission of U.S. citizenship depends on:

1. At least one parent having the nationality of the United States at the time of the child’s birth;
  2. The existence of a blood relationship between the child and U.S. citizen parent(s);
  3. Documentary evidence demonstrating the U.S. citizen parent(s)’ presence in the United States prior to the child’s birth, as specified in the Transmission Requirements Table below.

Examples of Documentation

Some examples of documentary evidence which may be considered to demonstrate that physical presence requirements have been met may include (but are not limited to):

• Wage and tax statements (W-2)
  • Academic transcripts
  • Employment records
  • Rental receipts
  • Records of honorable U.S. military service, employment with U.S. Government or certain intergovernmental international organizations; or as a dependent, unmarried child and member of the household of a parent in such service or employment (except where indicated).
  • U.S. passport stamps may be considered a part of the evidence submitted, but should not be the sole documentary evidence. Drivers’ licenses do not constitute evidence of physical presence.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.