phuzion

Non-Approved FDA Medications/ Perm Res SpouseParents

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone. My wife's parents will be visiting later this year to be here for the birth of my wife and I's baby (K-1, has 10yr Resident Card). One of the parents takes a mental illness medication which is not approved by the FDA for sale in the US. Is there anything that can be done? She can bring the amount she needs for a 5 month stay and it is very difficult to try and switch medications involving hormonal imbalances, and get the dosage/type correct, in less than three months.

Thank you - I appreciate your guidance and help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, phuzion said:

Hello everyone. My wife's parents will be visiting later this year to be here for the birth of my wife and I's baby (K-1, has 10yr Resident Card). One of the parents takes a mental illness medication which is not approved by the FDA for sale in the US. Is there anything that can be done? She can bring the amount she needs for a 5 month stay and it is very difficult to try and switch medications involving hormonal imbalances, and get the dosage/type correct, in less than three months.

Thank you - I appreciate your guidance and help

She should bring all her own medications, enough for her full anticipated stay, in the original prescribed packaging with her name etc on the containers , and a letter from her doctor listing her medications. 

Timeline

Thank you Lil bear. This much I knew but my question was specifically referring to Non-FDA approved medications. In this regard I thought it was illegal to import any non-FDA approved for sale medications into the US. So if she brings them in their original containers and enough to last the duration of her stay, there will be no fines or they will not go to jail?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Thanks Aaron2020. That is what I was looking for. I appreciate the reference and help.