RMA

Baghdad, Iraq

68 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Ours was 01/20 - hopefully we’ll have movement soon 🙏🏽

I’m afraid about that courier part too. They only allow Aramex locations within that country (Jordan for us). When we asked, they said to have it delivered to relatives in Jordan and have them send us the passport to Iraq. Guess what - we don’t have any relatives in Jordan 🤣 we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. Maybe we just fly back there and to the US together.

Have you considered that?

Already flying back there, but to a different city where family is. We can only send and receive within Turkey. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
10 minutes ago, HKS said:

Already flying back there, but to a different city where family is. We can only send and receive within Turkey. 

Oh I see.

What System are they using? Ustraveldocs?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

That’s a different system than the one Amman uses - sorry I thought I could help.

Thanks. I really had no idea that each country uses a different system to register appointments and to register courier services. The one I have to use seems to be really old like DOS based system that was “converted” to windows. I dont know why they have to make everything so difficult. Should be easy to log in and click on a link that says change courier location. Lol but that would make too much sense. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/3/2021 at 1:41 AM, HKS said:

Thanks. I really had no idea that each country uses a different system to register appointments and to register courier services. The one I have to use seems to be really old like DOS based system that was “converted” to windows. I dont know why they have to make everything so difficult. Should be easy to log in and click on a link that says change courier location. Lol but that would make too much sense. 

Hey, is everything good and you guys got the passport with the visa?

Quick update that we just received the request to send the passport - we were OKed to send it from Iraq and will get it returned there. Phewww! 5 weeks after the first, and a couple of days after the second interview (which took place over the phone, just a couple of questions).

Timeline
On 2/26/2021 at 11:59 PM, Quarknase said:

Hey, is everything good and you guys got the passport with the visa?

Quick update that we just received the request to send the passport - we were OKed to send it from Iraq and will get it returned there. Phewww! 5 weeks after the first, and a couple of days after the second interview (which took place over the phone, just a couple of questions).

No everything not ok. They made us travel to Turkey to send passport. (How did yall get permission to send yours from Iraq?)  After we waited 2 weeks in Ankara they sent passport back saying they needed current medical. Medical is current  till June. They admitted that medical was current, but still wont give VISA and wont say why. Just Admin Processing. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, HKS said:

No everything not ok. They made us travel to Turkey to send passport. (How did yall get permission to send yours from Iraq?)  After we waited 2 weeks in Ankara they sent passport back saying they needed current medical. Medical is current  till June. They admitted that medical was current, but still wont give VISA and wont say why. Just Admin Processing. 

Honestly we never asked. Covid is still pretty much out there and the CDC advises not to travel. My husband had his second interview over the phone and we are using the contracted courier in Jordan to ship the passport from Baghdad at our own risk.

Your journey sounds like a horror story for real. Do you have democratic Senators in your state that you can involve?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Honestly we never asked. Covid is still pretty much out there and the CDC advises not to travel. My husband had his second interview over the phone and we are using the contracted courier in Jordan to ship the passport from Baghdad at our own risk.

Your journey sounds like a horror story for real. Do you have democratic Senators in your state that you can involve?

Nope all my us reps are Republicans against immigration. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, HKS said:

Nope all my us reps are Republicans against immigration. 

Ok so just that I understand correct:

- you have visa approval in writing from the embassy?

- you sent passport upon request

- they returned passport and said case is back in AP again and it shows “refused” on ceac? Or do they have the passport now and it says “Administrative Processing” on CEAC status tracker?

i would still ask senators and congress people to reach out. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Ok so just that I understand correct:

- you have visa approval in writing from the embassy?

- you sent passport upon request

- they returned passport and said case is back in AP again and it shows “refused” on ceac? Or do they have the passport now and it says “Administrative Processing” on CEAC status tracker?

i would still ask senators and congress people to reach out. 

-I have email from embassy stating approved and to send passport. 

-yes i sent passport as requested 

-it has always said refused on CEAC it has never said anything else no matter where we have been in process 

- we sent passport 

- got passport back 14 days later stating refused due to medical not being current. 
-medical is current. We sent proof. Embassy agreed medical is current. 
-embassy still wont give us visa and will not state why

- im terrified to have senator that is against immigration to get involved. 
-no faith in government anymore. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, HKS said:

-I have email from embassy stating approved and to send passport. 

-yes i sent passport as requested 

-it has always said refused on CEAC it has never said anything else no matter where we have been in process 

- we sent passport 

- got passport back 14 days later stating refused due to medical not being current. 
-medical is current. We sent proof. Embassy agreed medical is current. 
-embassy still wont give us visa and will not state why

- im terrified to have senator that is against immigration to get involved. 
-no faith in government anymore. 

Did the embassy request the passport back? Do you have all this in writing? What was their last response when they confirmed that the medical is still valid?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

Did the embassy request the passport back? Do you have all this in writing? What was their last response when they confirmed that the medical is still valid?

I have it all in writing. Sent everything to lawyer. 
After they confirmed medical they just said case is in AP. 
I asked several times why we were put in AP if they told us everything was ok previously. They refuse to say anything about it. They just give me a generic form letter of your case is in AP. 

And no they didnt ask for passport back. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HKS said:

I have it all in writing. Sent everything to lawyer. 
After they confirmed medical they just said case is in AP. 
I asked several times why we were put in AP if they told us everything was ok previously. They refuse to say anything about it. They just give me a generic form letter of your case is in AP. 

And no they didnt ask for passport back. 

Oh so you already have a lawyer. I didn’t know that. Then they will have to handle.

one other thing I could think of is to contact the ACS unit in the embassy, since you as the USC are currently stuck in Turkey with your beneficiary spouse.

I’m not sure if it will do anything but it’s better than doing nothing.

I personally would still engage senators as well since no matter their personal standpoint they are serving their Citizens but it’s of course up to you.

I’m very sorry that all this is happening.

Timeline
Just now, Quarknase said:

Oh so you already have a lawyer. I didn’t know that. Then they will have to handle.

one other thing I could think of is to contact the ACS unit in the embassy, since you as the USC are currently stuck in Turkey with your beneficiary spouse.

I’m not sure if it will do anything but it’s better than doing nothing.

I personally would still engage senators as well since no matter their personal standpoint they are serving their Citizens but it’s of course up to you.

I’m very sorry that all this is happening.

I contacted ACS once they said they would transfer my request to IV department. Then, when I had more information to give then they told me they cant help me and to not contact them about immigration. 

Really I am sitting the fence on contacting Senator. I know what they are supposed to do, but they arent doing what they are supposed to do in other areas. Headed down that corruption pathway. I just have to decide if it will hurt my case to contact Senator. The really crappy thing is my Senator is an immigrant.  Hypocrite. 

Im tired of ppl thinking Iraqis and Muslims are terrorist. We did every security check and document and plenty of other things that proves my husband isnt a threat to the USA. But it doesn’t matter. No one cares. Im more than depressed about this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.