adarkenigma

didn't get NOA2 in mail? what to do next?

7 posts in this topic

Hello, 

my fiancé never revived NOA2 in mail. I called NVC here but didnt get through, I also emailed them. I asked my fiancé to call US embassy at her end after like 6 days she got through. they said they mailed NOA2 to her like 45 days ago. (lost in mail or something?). on I-797 approval notice there is expiration date for end of august. is there way to extend this? who do I need to contact to get it extended? also is 19k a year enough for I-134 for household of one? or do I need to get a someone else to co-sponsor.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 minutes ago, adarkenigma said:

Hello, 

my fiancé never revived NOA2 in mail. I called NVC here but didnt get through, I also emailed them. I asked my fiancé to call US embassy at her end after like 6 days she got through. they said they mailed NOA2 to her like 45 days ago. (lost in mail or something?). on I-797 approval notice there is expiration date for end of august. is there way to extend this? who do I need to contact to get it extended? also is 19k a year enough for I-134 for household of one? or do I need to get a someone else to co-sponsor.

Thanks

NOA2 is the form i797.

NOA2= Notice of action #2.  it is on for. I797.  the expiration can be increased up to 12 months by the consulate.  Call the NVC and you can get your case# from them.. using information on that NOA2.  chances are that they already sent the petition to the consulate... 

Form I797c is NOA1

you should call the nvc asap for that case number and get everything to in order for your embassy to schedule a interview so they see activity on it and increase the expirstion date if it expires at the end of this month

or get the case number, then call and ask the embassy to increase the expiration for that case number..  from my understabding they will do this automatically if they see activity on the case.

this is a facepalm moment..

Edited by Russel1995

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

Like I said US embassy or Consulate in her country already found her case. I thought she was pose to receive something in mail from NVC and then prepare for interview. they also said they mailed her something 45 days ago as of now she doesnt have any instruction on what to do next. I need to know if I can extend validity noted in I-797 which I received back in April. 

so do I need to call NVC here and ask them to extend it? 

or she needs to call US embassy or Consulate at her end?   

I also need to prepare for I-134 dont know if I have enough time for it or not and if 19K a year is enough or not if current household includes only me. 

Edited by adarkenigma
I-134

32 minutes ago, adarkenigma said:

Like I said US embassy or Consulate in her country already found her case. I thought she was pose to receive something in mail from NVC and then prepare for interview. they also said they mailed her something 45 days ago as of now she doesnt have any instruction on what to do next. I need to know if I can extend validity noted in I-797 which I received back in April. 

so do I need to call NVC here and ask them to extend it? 

or she needs to call US embassy or Consulate at her end?   

I also need to prepare for I-134 dont know if I have enough time for it or not and if 19K a year is enough or not if current household includes only me. 

But if you are sponsoring a fiance, this becomes a household of two. So no, 19k is not enough.

Also, we extended ours for a different reason, but we contacted the beneficiary's country.

Edited by Sarah&Facundo

41 minutes ago, adarkenigma said:

:( I was hoping I could have done it, I guess I'll get co-sponsor. I read somewhere that I can use my asset for mimmim income requirement, my income is not fixed each year sometimes I make more sometimes I make less. can I use cash value of life insurance as asset? 

I believe it needs to be something you can turn into cash right away if you sold it. For example, you would not be able to use your home or car if they are primary. If you had a second house you could sell for cash, then maybe. Life insurance, if I am not mistaken, can only be taken if someone passes away.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.