rabbit10035

N-400 HELP

7 posts in this topic

Had my Naturalization interview June 20th. Passed the written, oral and civics test. I've been arrested before and I submitted all my legal paperwork and certified judgement of conviction paperwork as well, at the end of the interview she asked if I was placed on probation and I said yes which I completed in 2016. she asked if I have the paperwork to show her that I complete the probation and I told i told her I didn't have the paperwork with me but I can sure get certified one from my probation officer and was given a paper at the end N-14 and said she will me RFE that I should follow the instructions and submit all the requested documents. 

June 25th i saw Request for evidence sent out under my online account but to my surprise, i never received the actual letter in the mail. i went to info pass on july 15 i was told by one of the officer that the office that he can see that interviewed me created the RFE but never sent out maybe she still working on it that he will see her later in the evening that day and it's been over 2 weeks i went to info pass still no news. someone i know had an interview July 15 with same officer already received RFE monday 29. I'm very worried!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Was the crime a CIMT?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, rabbit10035 said:

Had my Naturalization interview June 20th. Passed the written, oral and civics test. I've been arrested before and I submitted all my legal paperwork and certified judgement of conviction paperwork as well, at the end of the interview she asked if I was placed on probation and I said yes which I completed in 2016. she asked if I have the paperwork to show her that I complete the probation and I told i told her I didn't have the paperwork with me but I can sure get certified one from my probation officer and was given a paper at the end N-14 and said she will me RFE that I should follow the instructions and submit all the requested documents. 

June 25th i saw Request for evidence sent out under my online account but to my surprise, i never received the actual letter in the mail. i went to info pass on july 15 i was told by one of the officer that the office that he can see that interviewed me created the RFE but never sent out maybe she still working on it that he will see her later in the evening that day and it's been over 2 weeks i went to info pass still no news. someone i know had an interview July 15 with same officer already received RFE monday 29. I'm very worried!!!

Did you check the document section ?  Send the certified probation letter with register post to IO , who took interview and say that you did not receive RFE in that way, you acted on it and send the copy N-14 also

12 hours ago, Boiler said:

Was the crime a CIMT?

Honestly, I'm not sure if my charged is a CIMT. I was charged with identity theft for $125 and held in jail for 225 days I was released. I have 2yrs green card that time.

3 hours ago, dilip said:

Did you check the document section ?  Send the certified probation letter with register post to IO , who took interview and say that you did not receive RFE in that way, you acted on it and send the copy N-14 also

Yes, I did. when I tried to open the request for evidence document its giving me error 500 message. I was thinking about sending the document to the IO that interviewed me but she told me during my interview that I should wait for RFE and follow the instructions on the paper. I just don't wanna mess up my chances for any reason that's why I'm still waiting hanging in there. I'm just kinda worried and nervous because the person that I know who went for interview July 15 already received his RFE I just don't understand why mine is taking forever. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
30 minutes ago, rabbit10035 said:

Yes, I did. when I tried to open the request for evidence document its giving me error 500 message. I was thinking about sending the document to the IO that interviewed me but she told me during my interview that I should wait for RFE and follow the instructions on the paper. I just don't wanna mess up my chances for any reason that's why I'm still waiting hanging in there. I'm just kinda worried and nervous because the person that I know who went for interview July 15 already received his RFE I just don't understand why mine is taking forever. 

I understand, but you could write a letter explaining your situation that you are getting error 500 message and you are concerned and I am sure, she will understand.  They know that that immigration journey is along process and applicants are anxious until it is done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Did you consult with a Lawyer before applying for Naturalisation?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.