2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone,

We've been filling out the I-129F form and I have a few questions about some of the items I was hoping you guys could help with:

1 - Page 7, 49a - 50f “Your beneficiary’s name and address in his or her native alphabet”. - I am born and raised in Bulgaria but currently live in London UK (for the past 2 years) , so I was wondering if I should just write my London address with the Cyrillic alphabet or write down my permanent address in Bulgaria where my parents live as it is on my Bulgarian ID card? 

2 - Also for the employment history, I'm not completely sure the exact dates of employment of few part time jobs I had a few years ago, so I was wondering if I can just put the month and the year or I need to figure out the exact dates? 

3- Do we need to list every time we met in the past two years? if yes, do we write each of the times we met on the additional page or can we fit them all in the little box on page 8?

4- Can someone please explain how part. 8 Additional Information works? Do we split each additional address or work experience in separate box? What numbers do we use for "Item number? 

5- Do you have any tips on organizing all the papers and documents? Did you separate them somehow or used a binder?

Thank you so much for your help :) I am really excited and nervous to start the process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

1 - You don't need transliterate your London address to Cyrillic; they really want your current address in the native alphabet of where you are (if you were in Tokyo, you'd have your name in Cyrillic and your address in kanji). The question is a bit misleading, but if you understand they want to see things in the native alphabet to avoid transliteration issues when doing your background check, you can see why it work that way.

2 - You don't need to figure out exact dates.

3 - No; you only need to describe the circumstances of one in-person meeting that took place in the last two years. Also note that they really don't need a lot of detail; a bullet-point level description is fine

5 - Do not use a binder; USCIS doesn't like people doing that because they're just going to take it apart. What we did was just paperclip together multi-page documents and try and keep things in a logical order.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.