DM Nath

Almost 2 months after NOA1 still no Biometrics appointment. Should I be worried?

19 posts in this topic

I filed my adjustment of status application in early May and received my NOA1 on May 17th.  But I've been waiting for over 2 months now and I've not received anything relating to a Biometrics appointment and I'm a little scared.  

I've checked my application on the USCIS website and they say that my fingerprint fee has been received as of May 21st and that I was mailed with further instructions.  The exact wording is "We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case."  I don't know if that's meant to refer to NOA1 or not.  

Any advice?

Edited by DM Nath
title change

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, DM Nath said:

I filed my adjustment of status application in early May and received my NOA1 on May 17th.  But I've been waiting for over 2 months now and I've not received anything relating to a Biometrics appointment and I'm a little scared.  

I've checked my application on the USCIS website and they say that my fingerprint fee has been received as of May 21st and that I was mailed with further instructions.  The exact wording is "We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case."  I don't know if that's meant to refer to NOA1 or not.  

Any advice?

It means NOA1.  You should be calling and request an appointment be scheduled.  We are in the same situation 

YMMV

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It means NOA1.  You should be calling and request an appointment be scheduled.  We are in the same situation 

On NOA1 it says 
"Next Steps:

• USCIS will schedule a biometrics appointment for you to have your biometrics electronically captured at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC).  You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice by mail with the specific date, time and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. 
  • You must wait to receive your biometrics appointment notice before going to the ASC for biometrics processing
  • This notice does not serve as your biometrics appointment notice."

I thought USCIS were going to mail the notice automatically or should I just request help at the contact center?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DM Nath said:

On NOA1 it says 
"Next Steps:

• USCIS will schedule a biometrics appointment for you to have your biometrics electronically captured at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC).  You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice by mail with the specific date, time and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. 
  • You must wait to receive your biometrics appointment notice before going to the ASC for biometrics processing
  • This notice does not serve as your biometrics appointment notice."

I thought USCIS were going to mail the notice automatically or should I just request help at the contact center?

There is an apparent glitch in the appointment system for those of us in the third week of may.  Don't sit on your hands

YMMV

Timeline
10 minutes ago, DM Nath said:

OK, I've submitted a request with the Contact Center.  Do you have any other recommendations of actions I could be taking?

What exactly were you told?

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, DM Nath said:

I submitted an electronic request and was told to expect a reply by August 15th.  I'm currently on hold on the phone cause I'm not waiting that long.

Electronic request is futile.   Either way they will tell you to wait a couple of weeks for a reply.   Try to get to a tier 2 officer

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DM Nath said:

How do I do that?  Is it something I can do when I get through to a representative on the phone.  

When you speak to tier one ask 

YMMV

29 minutes ago, payxibka said:

When you speak to tier one ask 

So I got through and when I asked about Tier 2 I was shot down almost immediately, got told it wouldn't matter if I was transferred to them.  The representative put in a service request to the office handling my case so they can respond.  But she did tell me that because nothing has been sent out I've not missed anything, which was the big worry I had.  If you recommend trying again and speaking to Tier 2 I'll try again tomorrow early morning when, hopefully, the wait times aren't as bad. 

Edited by DM Nath

Timeline
7 minutes ago, DM Nath said:

So I got through and when I asked about Tier 2 I was shot down almost immediately, got told it wouldn't matter if I was transferred to them.  The representative put in a service request to the office handling my case so they can respond.  But she did tell me that because nothing has been sent out I've not missed anything, which was the big worry I had.  If you recommend trying again and speaking to Tier 2 I'll try again tomorrow early morning when, hopefully, the wait times aren't as bad. 

Here's the rub.  We have friends who live just  a few miles from us, filed there i485 10 days before us.  Received biometrics appointment 6 days later.  Had biometrics on June 6.  Last week there i485 was approved to schedule interview.   We can't seem to get out of the starting gate .  

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Here's the rub.  We have friends who live just  a few miles from us, filed there i485 10 days before us.  Received biometrics appointment 6 days later.  Had biometrics on June 6.  Last week there i485 was approved to schedule interview.   We can't seem to get out of the starting gate .  

I see.  Well in that case I'll call back and request Tier 2 service.  This is a hot mess.

22 hours ago, payxibka said:

There is an apparent glitch in the appointment system for those of us in the third week of may.  Don't sit on your hands

wait tell me more. i also filed may 17 but no biometrics yet. my lawyer contacted them and said that they havent sent anything and that we are within 'normal waiting times'

Timeline
Just now, vivfran said:

wait tell me more. i also filed may 17 but no biometrics yet. my lawyer contacted them and said that they havent sent anything and that we are within 'normal waiting times'

Same answer I got from my senator.   This is a standard response and they don't address the actual issue 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.