Miss_USA

RFE from VSC

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know americans do keep scrapbooks, but us brazilians only keep things as teens, candy wrappers from boyfriends and stuff like that, but I stopped that at age 15! :P I´ve always wanted to put together a scrapbook with Luis, but the thing is, I have the habit of throwing away papers every year, after I believe they´ll no longer be used, that´s why I don´t have receipts and such.

Bummer, this news about Vermont giving RFEs really got to me, as if we weren´t aprehensive enough. :P

The thing is, if we do get an RFE, I dunno what to do, ´cus we´re already sending all type of proof we have, appart from this, only MORE pictures and MORE e-mails.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'd like to understand something..... it's very clear that all they ask for is proof you've met in the last 2 years. So why do people keep sending e-mails, letters and phone bills? How does any of that prove you meet that requirement?

And yes, picture is good too.... but doesn't it make sense that it's secondary since it doesn't prove when it was really taken (dates on them can be easily fake...)?

To me it all just makes sense.... if there's more to it then please just let me know. :unsure:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

I know americans do keep scrapbooks, but us brazilians only keep things as teens, candy wrappers from boyfriends and stuff like that, but I stopped that at age 15! :P I´ve always wanted to put together a scrapbook with Luis, but the thing is, I have the habit of throwing away papers every year, after I believe they´ll no longer be used, that´s why I don´t have receipts and such.

Laura, I hear what you are saying... it was pure luck that I had kept those receipts and ticket stubs because my trip to Italy was last minute. :blink:

Edited by sean&gabi

November 2004--I'm on vacation in Italy and met Gabriela at a pizzeria in Venice...it was love at first sight!

2 Weeks Later 2004--changed my intinerary to go back to Venice and see this Romanian girl that I couldn't stop thinking about.

August 30--My sweetie's Birthday! I love you, doll!!!

September 9, 2005--I-129F sent to NSC.

September 15, 2005--NOA1!

October 24, 2005--NOA2!!

November 07, 2005--NVC letter received!!!

Early December 2005--K1 packet gets to the Consulate in Naples but somehow they forgot about notifying us in any way, and apparently replying to emails is just waaaay too strenuous for them...

January 11, 2006--After numerous failed attempts to contact them, Naples Consulate emails packet3.

January 2006--I contact my state senator's office.

March 20, 2006--Gabi has her medical exam in Naples...

March 21, 2006--Gabi has her interview...K1 VISA ISSUED!!!!!

April 18, 2006--I will fly to Europe to get my honey...and never, ever let her go!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

I'd just like to add my 2 cents worth....

There was a member here last summer who sent all the rudimentary photos, tickets, and other minutia. What she was lacking was a statement in her own words of when they met.

Also regarding Vermont, while they are quick with approvals, they are a bit slower with RFE's. I believe a bit of research will show that a Vermont RFE adds 30 to 45 days to their otherwise speedy process.

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline

And do they do those more often? RFE´s I mean.

What I am trying to say with this, is that, I´m sending everything to prove the relationship and that we´ve seen each other in two years, if we get an RFE, I have no idea what else we can send.

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

There was a member here last summer who sent all the rudimentary photos, tickets, and other minutia. What she was lacking was a statement in her own words of when they met.

I agree. Question 18 asks to describe how they met in person. The opportunity should be taken to answer the question in some detail with the evidence then to support that statement.

And do they do those more often? RFE´s I mean.

I dont believe its any more or less then any other service center.

Relax girl....you should be fine.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

In his statement he described how we met, and all the trips he took, saying where we went, so they can see in the pics, so I guess they have to believe in what he´s stating, right?

Luis joked saying couples should buy a newspaper and take a pic with it showing the date. :P

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was reading a post on here not that long ago about someone getting an rfe even though they had submitted a lot of information for prove of meeting. They called the cervice centre and the guy they talked to said that they could have lost the evidence since more than one person works on the case. i think the just resubmitted what they had with only a few more extra things and than they got approved. I don't remember who posted it. If i find out my rfe was for that I'm gonig to get my finace to send everything before again and hopefully we'll find some new things. Has anyone ever submitted letters from family and friends stating that they had seen them at such and such a time as proof of meeting in the last 2 years? Many of my family and as well as his and friends have seen us on all our trips i'm and thinking of getting everyone to write a letter stating they saw us and to include their address and phone number on it. Am I crazy with this idea as supporting evidence? among other things to be submitted.

Timeline

Maybe that´s good if what´s your RFE is about.

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
What these people at USCIS don´t take in consideration, is that when we start a relationship like this, we´re not usually aware that if this relationship gets serious and we decide to get married, we´ll need all these papers, so it´s not a custom for me to save every receipt from when we were together, only letters, cards and pics, which I find are important memories. Hence why I don´t have a history of hotel records, phone bills, and park entrances, we do have a couple, but some don´t show any dates so, doesn´t prove anything.

Funny you should say that. For some reason -- either I just knew we would stay together or I am just simply a compulsive packrat -- I saved everything, and I mean everything -- even the padded envelopes Jerry would send me cds and stuff in. It made for a bagful of stuff when I went to my visa interview. :whistle:

the key to all of this is -- and kaydee and aussiewench have already alluded to it in previous posts -- creating a picture of your relationship. Each answer, form, document, picture all need to work together to bring that picture into focus -- that you have a valid, loving, REAL relationship.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Where currently trying to put the proof section together so this post has been very interesting.

One thought crossed our minds and we thought we'd post it.

We have a video which we made for my fiancee's mothers 50th birthday while we were living together in the states. We thought we would add the DVD into the package along with the lease etc.. Do you think they would watch it?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Where currently trying to put the proof section together so this post has been very interesting.

One thought crossed our minds and we thought we'd post it.

We have a video which we made for my fiancee's mothers 50th birthday while we were living together in the states. We thought we would add the DVD into the package along with the lease etc.. Do you think they would watch it?

Honestly? No. I don't mean that to sound rude, but I highly doubt they would.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.