Amir iqbal

Document is not on the right sode up

19 posts in this topic

Upload it in the same position as you would hold it when you would read it. The agent at the NVC should not have to tilt their head to one side to be able to read or see the document properly.

So if the document is scanned on its side, you need to rotate it before uploading it.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

1 minute ago, Daphne K said:

Upload it in the same position as you would hold it when you would read it. The agent at the NVC should not have to tilt their head to one side to be able to read or see the document properly.

So if the document is scanned on its side, you need to rotate it before uploading it.

Thank you for answering ,should i only upload the page with picture and data or i should upload the whole front pages of passport ?

Just now, Amir iqbal said:

Thank you for answering ,should i only upload the page with picture and data or i should upload the whole front pages of passport ?

For the Bio page part, you would only need the one with the picture.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

2 minutes ago, Amir iqbal said:

Are you saying this way and only this page i should upload ?

4F28B618-0CEF-43E9-9584-1B66AC7B075F.jpeg

Yes, this is the bio page and this is the right way up 👍🏻

After you upload it, check it to see if it did not rotate back or something, because that happened to me too. Just double check to avoid a delay and another rejection.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

Just now, Daphne K said:

Yes, this is the bio page and this is the right way up 👍🏻

After you upload it, check it to see if it did not rotate back or something, because that happened to me too. Just double check to avoid a delay and another rejection.

Thank you , i am gonna upload it now and i hope that wont reject it again , and yes i will check the rotation before submitting . Wish me good luck 

and yes one more question, when you uploaded this way only the bio page so that got accepted ?

1 minute ago, Amir iqbal said:

Thank you , i am gonna upload it now and i hope that wont reject it again , and yes i will check the rotation before submitting . Wish me good luck 

and yes one more question, when you uploaded this way only the bio page so that got accepted ?

CEAC should tell you exactly which parts of the passport you need to upload, Does it ask for any other pages? I know the passport bio page for sure. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

Just now, Daphne K said:

CEAC should tell you exactly which parts of the passport you need to upload, Does it ask for any other pages? I know the passport bio page for sure. 

Prior i had uploaded all the front pages with wrong rotation position , but now i am uploading only the bio page with correct rotation position as you said .  

4 minutes ago, Amir iqbal said:

Prior i had uploaded all the front pages with wrong rotation position , but now i am uploading only the bio page with correct rotation position as you said .  

Okay, so the bio page is done then. 👍🏻

Just check if you also need to upload other pages of your passport (maybe the front?). CEAC will tell you which additional ones you need to upload if applicable. Just make sure that whatever page you need to upload is in the position which is the correct way of reading it. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

4 minutes ago, Daphne K said:

Okay, so the bio page is done then. 👍🏻

Just check if you also need to upload other pages of your passport (maybe the front?). CEAC will tell you which additional ones you need to upload if applicable. Just make sure that whatever page you need to upload is in the position which is the correct way of reading it. 

Uploaded only biographic page and submitted it , because in the option i am asked to upload biographic page not pages ,  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-3 Process forum to the NVC forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 2:44 PM, Amir iqbal said:

I have received the same email from NVC saying that passport is wrong side-up. I just simply rotated the passport page and re-submitted it. I did submit the passport 4 weeks ago and heard nothing from them yet. The status is "Submitted". They have not reviewed it yet. So sad. 

(Btw this application is for my children)

2016-11-28: I-130 Sent

2016-11-25: I-130 NOA1

2017-07-21: I-130 Approved (after 238 days)

2017-08-01: NVC Received

2017-08-05: AOS Bill/Paid

2017-08-30: Case Completed (Electronic processing)

2017-10-03: Interview date (U.S Consulate in Sydney Australia)

2017-10-03: Visa Approved

2017-10-15: Received visa/passport

2017-10-20: LAX POE

---------

Remove Conditions: 

2019-07-22: I-751 Sent to AZ

2019-07-24: Received and Scanned

2019-08-02: Received 18 month extension Letter

4 minutes ago, BellaP said:

I have received the same email from NVC saying that passport is wrong side-up. I just simply rotated the passport page and re-submitted it. I did submit the passport 4 weeks ago and heard nothing from them yet. The status is "Submitted". They have not reviewed it yet. So sad. 

(Btw this application is for my children)

Yes its been 3 weeeks i had uploaded it , but have not heard anything from nvc , but can you tell me how you uploaded the passport biographic page ?? Just the page with pic and name date of birth etc or any other pages too ?

7 minutes ago, Amir iqbal said:

Yes its been 3 weeeks i had uploaded it , but have not heard anything from nvc , but can you tell me how you uploaded the passport biographic page ?? Just the page with pic and name date of birth etc or any other pages too ?

Below is an example. I scanned passport 2 pages (photo page and signature page) and uploaded. But my case (was 2 years ago), I took photo of the photography page (only one page like the sample below) and it worked, no problem. 

Good luck. Please keep updated about your NVC stage. 

sample passport.gif

2016-11-28: I-130 Sent

2016-11-25: I-130 NOA1

2017-07-21: I-130 Approved (after 238 days)

2017-08-01: NVC Received

2017-08-05: AOS Bill/Paid

2017-08-30: Case Completed (Electronic processing)

2017-10-03: Interview date (U.S Consulate in Sydney Australia)

2017-10-03: Visa Approved

2017-10-15: Received visa/passport

2017-10-20: LAX POE

---------

Remove Conditions: 

2019-07-22: I-751 Sent to AZ

2019-07-24: Received and Scanned

2019-08-02: Received 18 month extension Letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.