calberry

Submitted incorrect date of birth on I-130

3 posts in this topic

I just got two I-797C (notice of action) for the I-130 I had submitted for my mom and dad. On the notices I noticed they have the same date of birth for my dad as my mom. When I checked the copy of the I-130 I submitted I realized I made a mistake for my dad's date of birth on page 5 and entered my mom's instead. I'm pretty bummed because I spent many days on the application and I can't believe I messed up the date of birth :(

The copies of the passport and birth certificate I submitted obviously have the correct date of birth for my dad. Does anyone have suggestions on how to move forward to correct his date of birth? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

See if they give you an RFE for it otherwise just wait until it's time to fill out the DS260. You can enter the correct info there. 

The I-797C notice says "Please verity your personal information listed above and immediately notify the USCIS Contact Center if there are any changes". So I called (hold time was 30 mins) and was told I need to send a letter to the Texas service center requesting to correct the date of birth for my dad.

I ended up calling again to confirm what needs to be on the letter and this time he submitted a service request for me. For anyone else that needs to do this call 800-375-5283 and press 1 -> 2 -> 5 -> 3 -> 6. And apparently you can also correct typographical errors on your own at https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=typoError

I'll mail the letter as well tomorrow to be safe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.