jakedavies

has any been asked for W2's at the embassy interview?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

What visa?

If you provide a printed copy of your tax return forms, then a W2 or 1099 wage statement makes it a "complete tax return" as is often the terminology used by immigration when stating evidence to provide with an affidavit of support. Blank tax forms are readily available for anybody to makeup a fake one. The employer wage statement (W2 or 1099) backs up the wages shown on the tax form.

Alternatively, one could get a tax return transcript free from the IRS. That is verified by the IRS, so is a stand alone proof without a W2 needed to back it up. 

1 hour ago, jakedavies said:

has anyone that recently had their interview at the london embassy been asked for w2's ? 

Edited by Wuozopo

23 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What visa?

If you provide a printed copy of your tax return forms, then a W2 or 1099 wage statement makes it a "complete tax return" as is often the terminology used by immigration when stating evidence to provide with an affidavit of support. Blank tax forms are readily available for anybody to makeup a fake one. The employer wage statement (W2 or 1099) backs up the wages shown on the tax form.

Alternatively, one could get a tax return transcript free from the IRS. That is verified by the IRS, so is a stand alone proof without a W2 needed to back it up. 

Apologies, this is for the k1 visa, so the most recent tax return transcript from the IRS on its own is enough for the i134 affidavit of support? (With employment letter and pay stubs) Meaning we wouldnt need w2s?

Id read some posts of people saying to take the tax transcripts as well as w2s however they were from years ago. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Oaftobark said:

Apologies, this is for the k1 visa, so the most recent tax return transcript from the IRS on its own is enough for the i134 affidavit of support? (With employment letter and pay stubs) Meaning we wouldnt need w2s?

Id read some posts of people saying to take the tax transcripts as well as w2s however they were from years ago. 

A London K1 interview is often approved on any ONE of the three things you have planned so you can quit fretting about your I-134. I explained why/when a W2 is needed. What was not clear? 

And as a courtesy, you should fill out your timeline. If the OP @jakedavies that you answered for is your fiance, then you can link timelines. I have answered a lot of your questions, but I'm done until you create a better profile with timeline. It helps give you the best answer.

39 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

A London K1 interview is often approved on any ONE of the three things you have planned so you can quit fretting about your I-134. I explained why/when a W2 is needed. What was not clear? 

And as a courtesy, you should fill out your timeline. If the OP @jakedavies that you answered for is your fiance, then you can link timelines. I have answered a lot of your questions, but I'm done until you create a better profile with timeline. It helps give you the best answer.

Yes youve been a great help, ill be sure to add a timeline soon 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.